Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Asparagas

For Those Interested, Tia[ Thank You] has the right answer of a bin weigh's 30# and 40 bins per pallet = 1200lbs, and up to 35 pallets =42,000 lbs of Asparagus. I now have a place to start my load estimate .

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Asparagus Anyone ?

Greetings ;Do any of you farmer's happen to know how much a "full pallet" of Asparagus would weight? I guess I'll head out to the farm,next week , with a scale to find out. Just curious if any one knows!
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Come On Terry!

You crack me up....

I know you're dying for someone to ask you why you need this tidbit of information so here goes...

Gee Terry, why is it that you need to know this?

By the way, I got a visit at the school last night by a perspective student who mentioned that he might be working with you. Very nice lad.
  • Tia
    Tia Member Posts: 1
    Asparagus

It depends on how many bins are on each pallet. Each bin weighs approximately 30#. This will vary depending on if it is for processing or open market, as bins are filled differently.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Honest Asparagus !

Hay Professor!For real,honest! A new Walk-in for said veggie,20'x30'x10' ,4" or 6"walls; refrigeration loads totally unknown , I'm just starting to get the info together for this job.Possibly some Zucini.; I hope the young man works out for the summer,he MUST bring his HVACR book to work with him ,Thanks!
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Wow

And at $4/lb, that's quite a haul!
This discussion has been closed.