Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Why \"B\" -Why M.C.--Acetelyn Tanks!

I do read some of the posts down here "in the gutter" ;-) but I've very little to offer as far as posting. I don't really do AC&R work anymore (family & friends excepted) I'm a bit of a hack when it comes to PT charts but I'm sure glad Dan has you around giving out free advice in your spare time. Lots to learn down here everyone.

Thanks for all you do.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=296&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Why \"B\" ? Why \"M.C.\"? Acetelyn Tanks

ON THE LITER-SIDE OF LIFE; Where does the letter designation's [B] and [MC] come from.?Almost all of us use these tanks on an irregular basis of some sorts.I used my oxy/acetelyn torch kit today,and it's been a month since the last time that I used it.Why b. Why mc.
  • jim lockard
    jim lockard Member Posts: 1,059
    Think thats

Motor car Gary. Acetylene also know as illuminating gas was used for lights in early buses and autos. Best Wishes J.Lockard
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Gary

Nice to see you down at this end of the Wall. Feel free to visit more often.

:)
  • don_163
    don_163 Member Posts: 67
    I know .

the b stand for this damn thing is a B&*%$ to carry under a house.

And the mc stand for...me can carry this one much easier!!

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    B-MC

This might be like ,Who invented the telephone? My source say's Acetelyn powered headlights on a
    Buick and on a MotorCycle. Enjoy your day!
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Don ;-)

While reading your reply to the tanks, I blame you for the coffee on my computer screen. Thanks A lot.....:-)

Mike T.
  • JackEnnisMartin
    JackEnnisMartin Member Posts: 70
    B /MC TANKS

Helo
    B means "back" as in my aching back MC means no aching back. In all seriousness a MC tank is perfect for service work and in the event you do not use high output tips. The "B" tank is for construction and high output tips example Turbo Torch banana torch tip it uses a tremendous amount of aceytlene.

hope it helps a little bit

Jack Ennis Martin
    Always insist you eat dinner as a family they have proven kids get into less trouble the more you talk to them.

All the best
  • Kal Row
    Kal Row Member Posts: 1,520
    MC = Motor Carriage...

an early 1900's term,
    by the way, in the old days when the tanks were mounted horizontally under the running boards, the spigot was encentrically offset to the top so that the acetone wouldn’t run out of the horizontally mounted tanks.
This discussion has been closed.