Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Primary/Secondary with Mod-Cons

Weezbo
Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
would you show the same system comming out of a freezup where everything was 40 percent antifreeze and the boiler suddenly had power again? i think that would show just how valuable a LLH is in the deal.

Comments

• Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928

Just curious. Should I continue with system "snapshots"?

Changes require a lot of time as I hand calculate nearly everything.

I don't mind spending the time but if I'm just preaching to the choir on one end and speaking to deaf ears on the other it seems rather futile.

• Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928

Weezbo:

40% propylene glycol in water freezes at about -8F but it has turned to slush before.

0F for the boiler return temp?

• where are the previous ones? can't find 'em.
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    the snapshot of when the system starts at that time

would be a picture seldom considered. i think i wrote out the last one on a piece of paper ...i was just looking for it ah the folly of my youth for organization in chaos...

i will find it ....:)er...maybe:) well, i found part of it 7 degree delta T @ 3.5GPM as i remember that was 109 going out 102 comming back...

ihave it in my computer ...getting it back out of it may prove tricky for me :)

i made adobie acrobat tumble it around because it was hurting my neck. then i made a copy in long hand...and i saved it in this computer :)

....Dang i put it on the other post :)))) man i am challanged at this :))sorry ...i digress:)

when the boiler starts in the cold, the room temps are close to the out door temp and the fluid temp is as you say 0 .many homes in America are probably seeing 0 as close to their designe temp when the boiler would normally Be running at its max....so, i think it would interest the general public to see that picture...in contrast to a previous picture of when it was zooming along maintaining room temp + change... if/when someone wanted to dial it up a bit in one room and down in another...

BTW it is warm right now and it may be like two below zero..
This discussion has been closed.