Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Low use season problem

During low use season of my boiler (spring, summer, fall) my burner seems to have problems lighting. The unit must be prowered off and turned on again to get the burner to light. This is a problem as we run out of hot water since the boiler does not come up to temp. Can you help me with this?
Model: PDE-05
Boiler No.: 130-WPC-H
Serial No.: PDE-5746-1096

Comments

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Tony

I think it would be best to have a service tech. in to look at the problem. It can be a number of things. Dirty pilot/burners, poor flame signal, or gas valve problem. Some simple tests can narrow the problem down and it wouldn't hurt to just have it serviced once a year for piece of mind.

Mike T.
  • Tony Vellturo
    Tony Vellturo Member Posts: 2
    low use season problem

Thanks Mike, but we have had it serviced regularly and service techs cant give us any explanation why the problem
    continues (has happened for several years).
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397

Not to say anything bad about the techs you've had look at your unit, but someone ought to be able to fix this thing. If I were you I'd call some other service companies, ask to talk to the service manager, describe your problem, and get a promise that they won't charge you unless they can fix it.
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    I'd have to agree with Carol...

Sounds like a lockout problem, but someone has to give some king of hard fact readings. Do these service men actually measure the flame current?, if so what is it? ETC... What are they stating on the work orders, just that there is no problem at this time? Have any parts been replaced? and why.

In addition,..Carol I don't have a problem with fix it or free except when a problem is related to interruption of service at sporadic times or something that a service person cannot see due to the something outside of his or her control causing the problem. BUT,.......Yes if it's in the system itself, it should be found. That's why documented readings are important. I have gone as far as purchasing monitoring equipment to do this.

My .02

Mike T.
This discussion has been closed.