Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell Intermittent pilot

Options
If the Ignition module is getting 24 Volts, and not sparking the module is probably bad. There is a way to test if there is 24, but it would not be professional; of me to tell you because if you do it wrong,...I screwed up your t-former. Radio Shack sells cheap meters that may aid you in your voltage readings....

Mike T.

Comments

• Bill_49
    Bill_49 Member Posts: 25
    Options
    intermittent pilot

How do you know that a intermittent pilot is good except for test equiptment. I have a S86C honeywell is there another pilot that will interchange with this one. My heater stop working the other day.

I checked the line voltage going into this unit. It was 117 volts and coming out of the transformer it was 23 volts. It says on the S86C 25 volts (1) and 25 volts (2) TH-R and TH-W. I also see on the diagram that the transformer has a limit switch before going to the Intermittent pilot.

I know that I am pushing my luck because this has been on this heater for at least 25 years.

The circulator comes on when the thermostate calls for heat but the ignitor will not kick on. I lost that familary sound.

Thanks for the help

Bill
  • Bill_49
    Bill_49 Member Posts: 25
    Options

Thanks Mike. I'll get a new module.
This discussion has been closed.