Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Why Do We Need Suciton Line Insulation?

Have you ever asked yourself this question?

How about, "Why is flash gas good, but too much is no good?"

How about, "Why does a dirty air filter decrease system capacity and performance?"

or how about this one...

"This system is rated at 4 tons, but is it really providing four tons of cooling?"

Or maybe...

"Gee, I wonder what the efficiency of this system is".

Well my friends... All of these answers are waiting for you at my Pressure Enthalpy without Tears seminar.

This 5-hour, NATE-recognized, seminar will be in Plainview, NY on Thursday, August 10th and in Boston on Wednesday, August 16th.

Check out the information below... You won't be sorry.

A great time will be had by all....

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Insulation

HI professor!Pressure Enthalpy? Been there, done that!!!!!! Thanks to you,Sir!!!Now I can even spell Pressure Enthalpy!So besides all of the benefits to the equipment,I get to sell and install and make money by insulating the suction line .GO to school and advance your knowledge.Enjoy!
  • lekpeter
    lekpeter Member Posts: 35
    P-H charts without tears

Professor,

Can the textbook be purchased separately?
    Thanks

Lek
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,103
    besides why

Besides why what about wall thickness now i know just about ever supply house stocks and sell 3/8 but if you where to read the manafactors piping sections you would notice that most recommend 1/2 wall armoflex while every body only stocks 3/8 if you think there is no difference feel a line insulated with 1/2 compared to 3/8 there a difference .When i,m doing a/c or refregerant lines i travel to the only supply house in my area that stcks and sells 1/2 wall insulation pretty funny and when i go to closer supply houses and ask they tell me it does not matter pretty funny even though the equipment insulation instructoin make that recommendment .I,m always on a big rant when it comes to proper installating ,line and duct sizing but here in north jersy it the speed and get it done therory at least for most .peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Thickness DOES Matter

The thicker the insulation, the less heat transferred into the refrigerant as it flows through the suction line. This leads to an increase in the heat if compression, which causes a decrease in the system's coefficient of performance, COP. The COP is directly related to the system's EER and SEER.

Personally, not only do I insulate the suction line, I then wrap the insulation with foam tape. My 1/2 suction line looks like a tree branch when I'm finished with it.
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Yes indeed...

Yes indeed it can.

60 bucks gets you the book, laminated refernce card and a floppy disc with all of the needed formulae.

You can drop a check to:

Innovative Teaching Systems

PO Box 580273

Flushing, NY 11358

If not, you can call us at (917) 428-0044 or drop me an e-mail with CC information....

Whatever works for you, works for me.
  • Eugene Silberstein 3

This discussion has been closed.