Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

hvac high velocity for old house

Bob_77
Bob_77 Member Posts: 3
I would recommend Unico over the AirLink. I have had experiences with both systems and the quality of Unico is much better. We had fan motor issues with the AirLink product.

Comments

• john_125
    john_125 Member Posts: 1
    hvac high velocity in older home

We want to install an hvac high velocity system in our 1900 home near Boston, approx. 3500 sq ft on four floors including a finished basement. We are considering the Unico system proposed by a contractor with a Buderus boiler, and the AirLink system proposed by another with a Weil McLain boiler. Can anyone offer any guidance? Thanks.

John
  • Mark_46
    Mark_46 Member Posts: 312
    Hi John

I recently installed 2 Unico systems (2 zones-first floor, second floor) and so far so good. Both Unico systems are driven by a Munchkin 80M for heat.

There is much to say and discuss. Depends on which aspect of a High-V system you are looking for guidance on?
  • Pete_24
    Pete_24 Member Posts: 39
    Unico

We are also in the Boston area and recently had a 4ton Unico HV AC system installed in our 1903 home. We considered both Spacepak and Unico and decided on Unico. We have been very happy with our choice and it has made the hot summer days very comfortable!
  • Scott Gregg
    Scott Gregg Member Posts: 187
    I can offer this

A bit over a year ago I put a Peerless PAvillion system inot a 1900 (Year) 1800sf house. First step was gutting and insulating of course. I used a propane fired Noritz N-069M tankless water heater mounted outside the house to serve the DHW needs of the two bathrooms (One new, one renovated) AND the heat. I used a unit with a hydronic coil with an A/C coil also. The whole unit was crammed under the steps, and there was no room for a modcon if I wanted it. (plus the budget needed help!)

Guess what? It worked great! The new owners reported using 300 gallons of LP gas from August of 2005 to Febuary of 2006. Not bad for a 106 year old house.

A/C was able to keep the place at 73* during the month of July 2005 and that month had a whole week of 100*+ days. That electric bill was $65. Of course no one was living there. We had the home o the market and we wee keeping very cool to demonstrate how good it worked.
  • terry_5
    terry_5 Member Posts: 92

I install unico and space pak ,both are excellent systems!
This discussion has been closed.