Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham MegaSteam

for all of you that have been asking. Coming soon to a basement near you! Sometime in Fall of 2006.If you are going to ISH stop by the booth and check it out!

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.

Comments

• kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    wow..slick.

What is the burnham blue box on the side for? kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Blue Box

Kevin,

The blue box is an enclosure for the R8285 isolation relay we use to energize the burner through the limits and Hydrolevel LWCO. We use the LWCO with the foam check feature and need the relay to energize the timer for the foam check cycle and the burner.

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • jim_72
    jim_72 Member Posts: 77

Glen will it come in gas. If so do you have a ratings chart that you can post.Thanks Jay
  • Jay

No gas for this model. Oil only for now.

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.

• Dan This blatant promotion of a Burnham product on this websight is stepping over the boundries somewhat. If this becomes the standard I think every boiler manufacturer should get equal time. I'm hoping that this does not happen. What say you. thanks Dave
  • kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Bring it on....please.

I for one am always wanting to see what is the latest and greatest in the industry from everyone...That is one of the biggest reasons I come here on a near daily basis....Many posters here have been asking Glenn for more info on this revolutionary new product...cheers to him for giving us what we asked for....
    I realize that this puts many traditional steam boiler Mfg. to play catch up...that is competion for ya'....kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • David_5
    David_5 Member Posts: 250
    Promotion

I agree it is a blatant promotion of a Burnham product. I have no problem with it. Thank you Glenn.

David
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    that is one Tidy looikng gizmo :)

what did you say the particulars were on it? :)
  • David

We will be walking with this boiler before we run and that will be with the Hydrolevel control for now. Later on as things get rolling, maybe other options. Thanks for asking!

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • Equal time ?

I hate to burst your bubble Dave , but as far as I know I have never seen Dan yank a promotion of any new product . I've been a frequent visitor since 97 .

And I don't think you understand how this works - it's up to the individual manufacturer to come here and post info about their new products . Are you suggesting Dan contact each and every boiler manufacturer to see if anything is new when one company comes to the forefront ? Do you have some specific problem with Burnham ?

I love to read about up and coming new equipment on The Wall . I just wish info would come out faster after the rumours start . Seemed like an agonizing long time before the specs came out for the Weil Mclain Ultra , the Burnham MPO , the Peerless Pinnacle oil , and now for the MPO steamer . This is the first year I've installed much more higher efficient boilers of all kinds compared to dry base steel , by a large margin .
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452

Lets get all the boiler manufacturers come here. But you have to take the good with the bad.

Glen Stanton and Burnham can promote there boiler as much as they want as far as I am concerned. They are also the first ones to take the heat and respond to problems.

Can the other manufacturers say the same?????????

Ed
  • David_5
    David_5 Member Posts: 250

Ron if you are talking to me, I have no problems with this. I wish more manufacturers would post here.

David
  • I was responding to

Dave Logan . I agree with you , but I don't think anything I see is " blatant " promotion . Burnham is just trying to get the word out , and what better place ?

Sorry for the confusion .
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Glenn,

I saw you say you're going to walk, and not run with this yet...but are there going to be other burner options?

Has anyone considered the Riello LO/HIGH burner for this? Wouldn't that be sweet? Just reverse the furnace model...have it come on to high fire first, and go down to lo fire once the steam is established. Just a thought. Chris
  • Looks like a steamer

with more than 80% AFUE is on the way? I imagine it doesnt have much of a steam chest. Tall risers etc? Piping is cheaper than fuel. Look forward to seeing the I/O manual

All the best

Robert

ME
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    Jeff Lawrence_25 Member Posts: 746
    Amen, David.

This is an open forum, so any manufacturer can post here.

Bring them on!
  • Chris

Not for now, but that isn't to say that we won't eventually look into that variable. The Beckett AFG has been an extremely good performer with the MPO and the MegaSteam boilers. In most cases they have been performing extremely well right out of the box with little adjustment at startup testing. The higher static burners such as Riello and Beckett NX have proven to be a bit too much with the smallest size. Until that is worked out, then we will be sticking with what we know works best overall and that is the AFG for now. Hope this helps.

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Hooray for Glenn

Promote all you want here my friend. It makes the World go round. What better place than here! No manufacturer is coming out with as many new and exciting products as Burnham!

Rick
  • Thanks, Glenn

unfortunately I can't make ISH so I'll have to wait till you bring the MegaSteam to Baltimore. Let me know when!

The 2-stage Riello (or Beckett or Carlin if they come out with one too), in both oil or gas, is something more I know I can sell. I hope the "walking" period is short.

Don't listen to those who object to "promotion" of new product. That's one reason I hang out here!

This discussion has been closed.