Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Welcome to the wall

Options
Professor I installed a pilot retrofit kit into a furnace. The pilot light fine. The pilot does not have a thermalcouple in it. My problem is that burners are not sensing the flame. But I don't have anywhere to put the thermalcouple. Does all pilot applications need thermocouple? What else can be the problem be?

Comments

• TGO_54
    TGO_54 Member Posts: 327
    Options
    Welcome to the Wall

Hi Carol,

I've enjoyed your writing and have learned alot from you. Glad to see you here and I hope you have lots of spare time - this place can become additictive.

Thanks for taking the time

Tom

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    My opinion

If your burners are lighting, then going out you probably have a Dc flame rectification set up. This requires a flame rod at the pilot burner in this case. Be careful though you want this to work right. What type of ignition module do you have (if any) and what type of gas valve? Is it spark ( which I think it is) or standing pilot system? There are t-couple applications, Dc rec. and mercury switch. All depends on what type of ignition you are using. I also pray that you didn't install a pilot on a direct fire application. Give us all the info you can...Mod/furnace G.V., Ign Mod. etc...
  • Gene_2
    Gene_2 Member Posts: 59
    Options

check onew condens boiler gust came on the marcket.IT has all you need for installation.veb site is www.go4elite.com
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    Mike?

Ah,..Huh? Im not sure what you are saying to the last post or 2. Can My eyes be that bad?...lol
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397
    Options

thanks much.
  • Shaun Anderson
    Shaun Anderson Member Posts: 164
    Options
    Welcome

Hi Carol. I try to come to the wall for help and see whats going on, now I can get ahold of another industry pro.
    Thanks Carol for all you do. Talk to you soon. Stop down and see me some time.

TheFuture
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397
    Options

Thanks, Future.
This discussion has been closed.