Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A-coil

Options
a cased coil, or uncased with a home made baffle?

If it was an uncased, look at the baffle to make sure it is put together tightly. Too often I have seen guys use 4 separate pieces of tin, and then not screw them together to make a solid base. Then one will start to vibrate in the air stream as metal fatigue starts.

I agree with the professor. It is unlikely the a coil. A simpe chack would be to run the fan only.. if the noise is there, its not the cooling system, but induced by airfow.

Mitch

Comments

• Mark_7
    Mark_7 Member Posts: 123
    Options
    A-coil

Customer complaining about noisy a-coil. Has orfice,can't find any problem in system all pressures are good any ideas. Thanks Mark
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Options
    Blower Noise

Since the A-coil is located in the air handler and the coil has no moving parts to rattle or create noise, I would not be surprised if there is a blower noise annoying the customer.

I would check the blower and motor bearings for unusual wear.

There could also be an issue with the ductwork flexing when the blower starts or stops.

If the unit has a belt driven blower assembly, have you checked the belts for wear.

Keep us posted when you locate the problem.
  • Mark_7
    Mark_7 Member Posts: 123
    Options
    A-coil

It's a refrigerant flow niose from metering device, pressures seem to be ok.
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Options
    System Pressures

You mentioned that the system pressures seems okay... Just curious, how about the evaporator superheat? Have you measured it and if so, what was it?

A certain amount of noise is normal/acceptable when a fluid is flowing through a pipe, especially when the system first starts up.
This discussion has been closed.