Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Maintenance Contracts

Options
Joel M
Joel M Member Posts: 64
Do you pro's feel $200.00 for a Hot water boiler cleaning, tune up and 1 year of protection for boiler parts (not the boiler itself)is a fair price? I have bought this for the last 5 years after my Weil Mclein full warranty ran out. Each year it has gone up by $10.00. They don't cover after hours calls, that is extra. I have had a few things replaced, purge valves that dribbled water, oil tank valve that had a drip, whistle in tank, (didnt have one) mixing valve, thats about it.I know it is an insurance policy, they are betting nothing major will go wrong, customer is afraid something will. What do you think of the price? Thanks!

Comments

• bill_51
    bill_51 Member Posts: 27
    Options

you can always think of it this way........you pay every month for collision on your car but you never use it. of course that one unfortunate day when you happen to hit something, then you are glad you have it. everyone sets up maintenance agreements differently but if it includes a once a year cleaning of an oil boiler and free parts then you have a great deal(going off of pricing in my area of course)....even if the price goes up. every year your boiler gets older so the price increase may be the companies way of offsetting their cost for free fixes...older parts, more chances of wear and tear breakdowns. just my opinion and two cents
  • sootmonkey
    sootmonkey Member Posts: 158
    Options
    yep

Yep, What Bill said is true. My onion is that it is an insurance pollicy....I personally don't like insurance pollicies.....BUT....For people on fixed OR limited incomes....Where an unexpected 500.00 bill would be bad....Well, Then I love...I mean LOVE them...It means that I can go down and fix the system in peace...I can put on the parts that it needs...I can take my time...I can do it right.....I don't have to listin to the customer cry...If I screw it up and get called back, I don't get the " Im not paying for this trip or these parts today" Speel....Just one monkies bannana...
  • Keith_11
    Keith_11 Member Posts: 25
    Options

I charge $350 a year for tune-up and fall startup, with no guarantee on any parts whatsoever. You're doing fine, don't worry.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • oil-2-4-6-gas
    oil-2-4-6-gas Member Posts: 641
    Options

i will do a full annual clean-out vac & service ,clean chimney base,breeching efficiecy test for $200 --but do not cover any parts --i will fix any problem with the set-up of the burner but thats all --any breakdowns, service calls are extra ----your equipment is getting older --you are getting a good deal ----your boiler is a piece of mechanical equipment it will have something fail on it-- Period. your not paying insurance -whay you have is a savings plan --the service company makes a little money for a few years -but that will come back to you in the future
  • Joel M
    Joel M Member Posts: 64
    Options

Thanks guys. I have bought all my oil from this company for the last 10 years, and like I said, bought the protection plan for the last 5. At least I now feel good about the price. When the day comes for a replacement, I am sure I will go with them. It is real nice these days to have someone you can trust.
This discussion has been closed.