Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Saturday TIme out

Weezbo
Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
let me say you got me by a extra couple few years yet my cousins off in his 90's and he still givin em the time of day :) his idea is, any one under 80 is like a "Puppy" to him :)

Comments

• bigugh_4
    bigugh_4 Member Posts: 406
    Saturday TIme out

This is not upon the wall as Dan has asked!
    Time

“If I could save time in a bottle” so goes the song, ~~~~~~~
    Time is what we buy no matter what we obtain. Look at it this way; even a pair of shoes purchased is really saving you the time and effort to make them. The doctor, treating you is really saving you the time to learn to DIY! The newspaper, delivered to your front door is really saving you the time to obtain the news, and have it placed on paper, and brought to you. The purchase of a new auto or truck, again, to save the time spent building the thing.
    So how much do you charge for your time! This question shows up here on the wall all the time! First, what are you worth? Second, what does it cost to provide for your needs and wants? Third, what are the hidden aspects of your business, the incidental costs, per hour that keeps you afloat? And fourth, what is a proper % mark up for this time, (since growth is costly also)?
    Time then is an item of knowledge. The Supreme Being has no need of time since He knows everything. The more you know the less time it takes to accomplish a task. If you knew everything then it follows that your tasks could be done instantly, rendering time to an instant, & or non-existent state. Are our perceptions of the Cosmos, just the results of the infinite knowledge of the Supreme Being? & Time is measured by motion, do you move?
    Hear on Earth, time seems to be shorter every day. Time is supposed to be sped up in the Last Days. Look how short the travel time has become between countries, and understand that knowledge has caused the airplane, which shortened that time. Plumbing & Heating used to take a long time to install; now it takes less time because of knowledge advancement.
    Time is what it is all about! Everyone has a need for compensation for his or her time spent upon the job. And a Recognition for time well spent. Time is what an army spends to win, and the flag is the winning recognition. We as individuals have that same need. Spend the time to think it through, and reward yourself & others the compensation & recognition of time well spent at the job!
    Just-a-thought!

• Don \"Grumpy\" Walsh
    Don \"Grumpy\" Walsh Member Posts: 184

Was my time wasted by reading it?
  • bigugh_4
    if ya hav ta ask most likely

N/M
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Is that really you

Bigugh of SLC? Why have we not heard from you in so long?

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • bigugh_4
    It is!

It has been a while, I am just getrting old. The computer went south and I have finally got another. Its going on nine years since I had to quit manuel labor, and wow has the times changed. I realized the other day in two more years I'll be seventy so I guess I AM OLD! Time races by and that is what brought on the above remarks. Nice to hear from you. I see that "The Oceans" have quit business, sorry about that! Anyway, I hope you're well and all that such! Getting old is not for the weak because it lasts more than a week! if you understand that!
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    I'll be in Utah

next week picking Max up from his first year at U of U. I know what you mean by time flying!

That little sticky with your phone number finally wore off my notepad. If you are still at the same number I will try to give you a shout when we get to SL.

Stick around :)

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.