Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

copland semi-hermitics

Very True.

Internal pressure reliefs are just that, internal. If the head pressure exceeds the limit of the relief, the discharge gas will be routed to the suction side. Copeland has very good cutaway drawings of their scroll compressors that show the internal relief valves very well.

I will attempt to locate information for you if you can provide the model number of the compressor you are referring to.

Comments

• larry_9
    larry_9 Member Posts: 33
    copland semi-hermetics

I was wondering about internal releifs on a semi-hermetic I have, a 30 ton copland with off loading. The unloaders are electrical solonoids, two of them, 33%, or 66% off loading and one of our guys was saying that the compressor also have internal releifs I have looked through the copland enigneering data and can not find any referance to this on the semi-hermetics, on the cop-a-welds they do refer to internal releifs so if you could just point me in the right direction to find any information on this subject I would apperciate it.

Thanks

larry
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Good question

I would think that all compressors have the internal reliefs, but I never really looked into that either. I think it would be a safety matter and that they all have this internal relief.
  • bob_44
    bob_44 Member Posts: 112
    Copeland

Larry, it depends on the model. I suspect that a 30 ton has one behind the plate above the oil pump. You need a giant screwdriver to get them out. I use a draglink socket and a 1/2 drive breaker bar. bob
This discussion has been closed.