Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Superior boiler

Options
Dan Goodridge
Dan Goodridge Member Posts: 62
I think they are out of business. I tried to find a fire box for an oil fired model this winter to no avail. To tell you the truth I am glad that they are gone because I didnt care for them much.

Comments

• Sandra
    Sandra Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Needing Help

I hope you can help. We are having a problem with our "Superior Low Pressure Boiler" which has the following information with it: ANS 72113 - 1991

Serial # S2517
    Model #7G4
    AGA input 75,000 BTW
    Doe Heat C 63,000 BTW
    Manufactured Randolph, MA 02360
    Bay Shore, NY 11706

This boiler was installed locally when we built our home 9 years ago and the thermal coupler has failed 4 to 5 times, usually in the winter. The plumbing company who did the installation cannot seem to give us any information regarding this boiler and/or system and searching on the internet has been unsuccessful.

If anyone can point me in the direction of this manufacturer so that we can investigate options, we would be very grateful.
    Thank you.

Sandra sandradon@aol.com
  • bigugh_4
    bigugh_4 Member Posts: 406
    Options
    T/C failure

It may be that you have not installed an heavy duty T/C. there are many T/C's out there and most are for waterheaters and not heavy enough for a boiler application. If the T/C's you are useing are about the same size as the tube leading to it, there are "Husky" types that are more suited to the heat than those smaller ones. You may have to replace the pilot burner to accomdate the "Husky" type, but I doubt it, if it should have needed the "Husky" type in the first place. Since the lighter types will always fit! The other thing is to buy an extra T/C, and have it nearby, as they have an eternal shelf life. I hope this helps
    bigugh
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    Just curious

But is the T/C being cut or is it everytime the pilot goes out someone say's it's bad? If it's being cut at the top I would be checking the pilot to see if it's to sharp a flame. If it's simply "failing" I would be looking at the gas valve to see if that is the actual problem. Just my .02 cents..:)
  • Kevin__Flynn
    Kevin__Flynn Member Posts: 74
    Options
    Superior Boiler

Sandra,

Superior Boilers are or where manufactured by Enerjet Corp. 45 Drexel Dr. Bay Shore NY 11706 (631) 273-3939.

Represented locally by "Sales, Marketing & Service" Stoughton, MA (781) 341-0404. I'm guessing that you are located in New England, as to my knowledge that is the only area that these boilers where private labeled for.

Kevin Flynn
    Kevin Flynn
This discussion has been closed.