Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Suction Line pressure

Options
My 10.5 yr old (just out of warrantee) compressor is shutting down on termal protection. Checking pressures I have 80 and 200. Something seems wrong. It's a 4 ton York. Noticed last week the compressor was not level, and I took care of it with a brick underneath. Could this have caused failure? When it is running, lines are neither hot nor cold, but compressor gets steaming hot within an hour. Any thoughts?
aditional info: when operating draws 17 amps on 240 V. then shuts down and draws 1 amp for fan.
Thx

Comments

• Jeff Lawrence_24
    Jeff Lawrence_24 Member Posts: 593
    Options
    superheat/subcooling?

What's the above info, plus entering air temp for the evap and the condenser?

80 and 200 could be several things.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Options
    More info

In order to evaluate system operation and performance, more information is needed. Here is a partial list of info that should be acquired when performing service:

Refrigerant type:
    High side pressure:
    Low side pressure:
    Condenser Outlet temperature:
    Evaporator Outlet temperature:
    Outside ambient temperature:
    Indoor temperature:
    Return air temperarure (at the coil):
    Supply air temperature (at the coil):

Allow the system to cool completely, install gauges and start the system. Obtain as much of the above info as possible and we'll do our best to help.

This discussion has been closed.