Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Just Got Back

Did you wander around South of the Boarder checking out the AC systems? Fall asleep on the beach dreaming of Pressure Enthalpy? Look at computers and think " I'll just check the wall real quick"?

OK vacations over - back to work. ;-)

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=278&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Just Got Back

Hi guys!

I just got back from a few days of R and R.

I was having the floors stripped, sanded and refinished and the guy told me that I would not be able to walk on them for a few days. What a nice reason/excuse to head south of the border.

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor!

At any rate, I just walked in the door and am heading to bed. The only problem is that I have to find the bed, especially since I had to empty the place so the guy could do the floors. I tried to nail all of my stuff to the ceiling, but that didn't work too well.

I read through your questions/posts/comments briefly and will respond to them, in detail, tomorrow.

Nighters...
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    As a Matter of Fact...

As a matter of fact, I WAS checking out the AC systems over there. There is a lot of quality work done in Mexico, but, just as here, there is a lot of work that, after close inspection, should have the installers and service personnel hanging their heads in shame. A few of such installations are shown in this post.

Funny thing, though. We checked into our hotel room and, as one would expect, the air conditioning system was NOT OPERATING. I mean, no cooling, no nuttin'! Of course I called the front desk and informed the associate at the front desk (in my best Spanish, of course) that my air conditining system was not functioning. When the gentleman at the desk asked me if I wanted to switch rooms, he was more than a little shocked when I told him that I did not. He said that he would send someone up to the room immediately to check out the system. This is where the fun started.

About a half hour later, a young gentleman knocked on the door and told me (in Spanish) that he was here to repair the air conditoning system. I said great and informed him that I wanted him to do a good job and explain to me in detail what the problem was, how he intended to fix it and what the result was. To sweeten the pot, I pulled a $20 bill from my pocket and ripped it in half. I handed him one of the halves and told him that, once he repaired the system, he would get the other half. He looked at me with a confused stare and I explained that half of the bill has absolutely no value. He responded that, if his half had no value, than my half had no value either. I said RIGHT! As it stands right now, I'm out twenty bucks, the only fact that remains to be seen is if you are going to get the 20 dollars or not. His mouth began to curl upwards and I could see that he was beginning to get the picture. "Do not worry, Sir, the machine will be fixed".

To make a long, about 2 hours, story short, the technican fixed the system and he got a personal instruction session on chilled water systems, their operation and the effects of improper airflow through chilled water coils. He left happy with some new-found knowledge and 20 bucks in his pocket.

• Eugene Silberstein 3
    Photo 1: Nice Level Unit

Great electrical work too!
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Photo 2: Perfect Piping

• Eugene Silberstein 3
    System Problems?

Can you guys find any problems with these installations?

I thought they looked pretty messed up until I had half a dozen shots of tequila.
This discussion has been closed.