Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for Instructors

to teach HVACR in the Branford, CT area. Should be well versed in oil,gas,a/c,refr,residential, commercial and must be licensed in the State of CT. These are night positions -M,T,W, nites 5:40-10:40pm.
There is a possible full time position, this would be discussed in person for the right candidate. Must be dependable and reliable.
Please send resume and or questions to the adress below, all inquires will be held in the strictest confidence.

Dont think about it, do it! We'll let you know if you can do it, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

C/O Teaching

256 Lloyd St.

New Haven, CT. 06513-3529

Comments

• Wow Geno that is

some talent you are looking for I wish you luck. Someone that talented is hard to come by. I hope he or she is going to be well paid.
  • Geno_15
    Geno_15 Member Posts: 158
    it's a 2 edged sword

as we all know hvac techs tend to be uh umm, strong willed, sometimes a little too sure of themselves. Some will have a little oil experience and think they know it all, it's a big world boys and girls with lot's of hvac stuff, it's impossible for anyone to keep up with it, that's why we are in demand, anyone that says they know it all is full of it and fooling themselves.

What we are looking for is people that can speak well in front of crowds and have good work experience, easy going, dependable and personable. We will fill in the blanks but let's be honest, how can you get up in front of people and teach about equipment you've never seen???

Years ago I had an opportunity to teach, I had already clocked @ 20 years in the field. I felt in my heart that I could not do it without seeing more and experiencing more, so I declined the offer and went back working for companies that did it all, 10 years later and I felt like I could really teach, I don't know everything but I feel that I can put out tech's that are far superior to others.

I would like to thank Dan for inspiration, seeing you speak and talk about hvac helped me to see what I really wanted to do, teach.
    Thanks
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    It is all part of the responsibility of our trade....

every aspect is difficult to cover and experience sees to it that progression takes place as does education and the innovative evolution of new products by independent thinkers and manufacturers willing to help develope and market ...there are so many facets to both the electrical and plumbing trades that we live in a contstant state of development ,anyone forgetting that probably should retire....
  • Geno_15
    Geno_15 Member Posts: 158
    Excellent Point,

try and keep up with all the new technology that is coming out in our field and you may get a brain hemmorage. Fast and furious is what it is, I tell my students this is just the start of a never ending learning process, one things for sure....IT AIN'T BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what makes it such a good trade to be in, we are a combination of HVACR Tech, electrician, plumber, investigator, troubleshooter, colaborator, mediator, translator, analyst,and interpretor.
This discussion has been closed.