Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Learning to operate on the Wall.

How do I put a link in a post so it functions as a link?
How do I post a picture?
Why does a post go the the head of the list sometimes?
Is there a spell checker for my posts?
Where can I learn about this stuff?
Thanks,
Dave

Comments

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    there must be some thing about turning letters blue ....

i'd really like to know what buttons to push to turn letters blue. my hat would look good blue*~/:)..and there must be something that will allow my thoughts to appear as sentences ,i am just really bad at typing.when you find out let me know everyone seems to know except me. i have words that go places however i dont have anyway to make them turn blue.Oh i think you can put a picture on your desk top in a jpeg. then hit browse and add ,...wait a little bit then it askes if you ok.or you can scan the pic to an e mail to yourself put the picture on the desk top and then add that to the post.the word attachment is lower on the post on the leftside.
  • Dave Faust
    Dave Faust Member Posts: 51

> i'd really like to know what buttons to push to

> turn letters blue. my hat would look good

> blue*~/:)..and there must be something that will

> allow my thoughts to appear as sentences ,i am

> just really bad at typing.when you find out let

> me know everyone seems to know except me. i have

> words that go places however i dont have anyway

> to make them turn blue.Oh i think you can put a

> picture on your desk top in a jpeg. then hit

> browse and add ,...wait a little bit then it

> askes if you ok.or you can scan the pic to an e

> mail to yourself put the picture on the desk top

> and then add that to the post.the word attachment

> is lower on the post on the leftside.

How do you get back here?
    I got here by clicking on an e-mail link.
    I'm still looking for the blue ink.
  • Dave Faust
    Dave Faust Member Posts: 51

Mr. Weezbo,

If you write a book I'll buy a copy too.
    Now where's that blue magic marker?
  • Weezbo
    Somebolly will check here and help...

right now i link here the same wayas you.i guess it is possible to make a shortcut on the desk top with the heatinghelp.com address buh,...i not too sure.*~/:)
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member Posts: 59
    radiant temperature.

i recently replaced a 20 year old 130000 btu w/m that was serving basement radiant and 1500 sqare foot ranch with all tubing in ceiling. the old boiler was running at 130 degrees with no bypass. we put in a beautiful cga 105000 btus. ( i checked my load calcs ) i installed a watts thermostatic mixing valve and set it at 120. the boiler limit was set at 150. our complaint though not verified is it is costing more this year in therms than last year. upon my visit today i raised boiler limit to 180 will this prevent short cycling and what determines boiler setting when using tmv's. also if anyone knows max temp for plaster?
    thanks
  • Weezbo
    well, i think it sounds like the 20 year old boiler maybe was

wanting to do something else ...than the newer one..maintain. keeping the return water temps up is really a great idea. if you had a new washing machine hose you could hook oneside on the supply header and one on the return which essentially would make a bee line back to the boiler and heat the water Up on a recirc system...it isnt ideal buh it will prove its worth...as a by pass that is.the obvious increase in the return piping temps near the boiler will help further the idea that indeed it works. now the next deal is to get the temps through the mixing valve down even lower...i would dial the low limit up on the system to 145 and drop theupper limit down to 170 ish now i'd dial the mixer down...by one number.that way the mixing valve will see slightly higher temps from dialing the proportional valve down and theboiler temps up, the boiler will see slightly higher temps because it now has some sorta by pass.therefore the boiler will remain satisfied for longer period of time .buh now you need to do something about another aspect of running boilers cooler than they are supposed to be, you need to clean it...so the best deal altogether is shake out the piggy bank and get some help. have a modulating mixer installed for the radiant heat and another modulating fixed temp zone valve for the by pass, Taco makes both.one has outside reset all good. the other has set point control. the I series S will function as a governing controller mixing water in from the supply header to the return just like the washing machine hose.The I Series R will modulate the temp up and down acorrding to outside temps and return water and something called a re set ratio. this is a tricky term meaning (temps go down cooler more heat wants to get away, what to do?) well, it thinks for itself as it were.it knows what is going on far better than any 3 way mixer without a clue. well, i hope this helps. so you have some idea as what is going on and a way to fix stuff so it works better and more economically in the long run...oh and you would best go with the temp setting you used as a ceiling temp on the old boiler, that way the reset valve will dial the temps down from that number over the year ...you said it was 130 that is what id say must have worked for 20 years only difference is that when it doesnt need to be 130 it wont be.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    You can

make a link by using html. Here's the code:

insert name of the link here
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
  • Earl Shepherd
    Earl Shepherd Member Posts: 3
    Steam Heat

• PJO_5
    PJO_5 Member Posts: 199
    Blue Letters....

I know you can write in "blue ink" on Word....not sure if it transfers to the post that way, though.

Take Care, PJO
  • Fred Robinson
    Fred Robinson Member Posts: 23
    Width of Posted Items

Dan, Some post's are very wide and require repeated right-left scrolling. Can these post's be edited so they fit the screen?
    Thank's, Fred
  • Kevin Cheever
    Kevin Cheever Member Posts: 2
    IBR heat loss

I am looking for a heat loss program that Harold Kesten put on disk using IBR heat loss calulations.
    Thanks
    Kevin
  • Kevin Cheever
    Kevin Cheever Member Posts: 2
    IBR heat loss

I am looking for a heat loss program that Harold Kesten put on disk using IBR heat loss calulations.
    Thanks
    Kevin
  • John Zarosley
    John Zarosley Member Posts: 3
    boiler not lighting

I have a HydroTherm two stage boiler. Sometimes it gets very cold in the house because the exhaust fan is running but there is no flame. We turn the power switch off for a second and then turn the switch back on and the flame comes back on. Most of the time it works properly. We can not predict when the problem will occur. Any suggestions on why this may be happening. This problem has been occuring for quite some time. We are open for any suggestions you may have.

• Your system is going into

lockout. This can be caused by a number of different things. It is best to have it looked at by a heating contractor. What are the controls you have on the boiler make, model etc and I may be able to give you some direction.

Is it spark ignited, hot surface igntion ???
  • Carl PE
    Carl PE Member Posts: 203
    blue

you mean like this?

you can highlight too.

read the html cheat-sheet.
This discussion has been closed.