Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham Boiler

marc
marc Member Posts: 203
is this a series 2, with standing pilot, the relay does 2 things with the series 2, starts the pump and initiates the gas train into operation. also check the pump for power at the pump. marc

Comments

• John McArthur_2
    John McArthur_2 Member Posts: 157
    WETHEAD QUESTION !!

I have a Burnham Boiler(96K, Natural gas, standing pilot) I'm not getting power to the circulator(pump), is it possible that the Honeywell relay (R8285D) may be at fault ? If not, what other problem might there be ??
  • John

If the R8285D relay is pulling in and the boiler is firing, then I would suspect that one of the wires may be loose. behind the relay in the junction box there will be two black wires coming out of the relay plate. These both need to be connected to the incoming 120v hot (black) wire. This is done in the field and I have seen several times where the second wire wasn't connected or was loose in the wire nut. You also need to be sure that the white neutral wire from the pump is connected to the rest of the whites in the box. The circulator hot wire should be connected to the yellow wire in the junction box. Check for current on this wire when the relay is activated. It is rare for contacts in these relays to be bad. Hope this helps.

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

www.burnham.com
  • John McArthur_2
    John McArthur_2 Member Posts: 157
    Burnham Boiler

I took wires apart at pump.............no power at the pump, Will check for loose wiring in the J-Box behind relay. Yes the boiler does fire.
  • John

Just curious! How did you make out with this?

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

www.burnham.com
This discussion has been closed.