Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Danger - Scalding Lurks!

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,512
of the new Watts DVD that features Dave Yates and most of the Yates clan. Great stuff and so professionally done. I learned a lot and I urge you to get your own copy from Watts as soon as possible (and it's free for now!).

Thanks to Watts Regulator for doing the public another great service.
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• Jeff Krawic
    Jeff Krawic Member Posts: 58
    Watts

Is this even close to the old "Watts Regulator Company" Explosion Danger Lurks?? I have this old film and show it to alot of people whenever we do a class or a seminar. Is the new DVD as educational Dan?? Thanks again for the heads up.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,512
    Yes, it is

and it incorporates a bunch of the stuff from "Explosion Danger Lurks." You can get a free copy at the Watts site.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    It's just become...

required viewing for all P-HVAC students at Red Rocks Community College. Great job Dave!

ME

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    You know....

the roots of this stretch aaaallllllllllllll the way back to "The Sweet Sixteen". Tis all your fault lad.

Thank you all for the kind words & Mark - you might want to give those youngsters a spot of Jolt Cola before turning down the lights and cranking up the DVD player(G).

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • My copy arrived yesterday...

and, since Advanced Hydronics specializes in heating, it will be used to establish requirements for whatever plumbing contractor is selected when our Colorado building project gets cranked up again (another four years??). Thanks to Watts and Dave; great job!
  • My copy arrived yesterday...

and, since Advanced Hydronics specializes in heating, it will be used to establish requirements for whatever plumbing contractor is selected when our Colorado building project gets cranked up again (another four years??). Thanks to Watts and Dave; great job!
  • Moses
    Moses Member Posts: 93
    Danger - Scalding lurks

Thank's Dave for this very importing Video presentation "Scalding Lurks". Besides being a NYC master plumber, I am also a EMT. I have seen more than 15 cases of 2nd, and 3rd degree burns from hot water. I hope that your recomandations becomes the industry standard on all installation.

Moses
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Thank you

Dropped it off with the boss this morning. It will be viewed by all of the tech's in the company and kept on file for future viewing.
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,276
    Does anyone have a copy of this DVD that they're willing to part with? Thanks!
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • RayWohlfarth
    RayWohlfarth Member Posts: 1,459
    Is there a link her to find it? I searched on the website and did not see it. Thanks I am so technically lacking I guess
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    I think it's only on DVD and not online. Thanks, Ray!
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,272
    Hello, Have you tried contacting @Dave Yates (PAH) to see if he has or can make a copy? B)

Yours, Larry
  • Dave Yates (GrandPAH)
    Dave Yates (GrandPAH) Member Posts: 281
    I have copies. It was online for several years and you could request a free DVD, but Watts withdrew it after ASSE regulations changed regarding scald-proof valves. The ASSE regs and valves cited are still valid as is the information regarding scalding and Legionella bacteria. Only video showing live Legionella bursting forth from a cyst of a one-celled animal I know of & it's in this DVD. Anyone know how to upload content from a DVD to YouTube or Vimeo? The little girl being bathed in the kitchen sink is now in college!
  • Erin Holohan Haskell

I have copies. It was online for several years and you could request a free DVD, but Watts withdrew it after ASSE regulations changed regarding scald-proof valves. The ASSE regs and valves cited are still valid as is the information regarding scalding and Legionella bacteria. Only video showing live Legionella bursting forth from a cyst of a one-celled animal I know of & it's in this DVD. Anyone know how to upload content from a DVD to YouTube or Vimeo? The little girl being bathed in the kitchen sink is now in college!

Thanks, Dave. I'll share this with the person who was searching.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • KC5NBE
    KC5NBE Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Erin for your help.
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • KC5NBE
    KC5NBE Member Posts: 2

Hi Dave, I was the one looking for the DVD. I believe my son can upload it to youtube if you can send me a DVD of it. I would very much appreciate the copy for my upcoming classes.
    Thanks & God Bless,
    Glenn
  • Dave Yates (GrandPAH)
    Dave Yates (GrandPAH) Member Posts: 281
    Glenn,
    Please send me your mailing address to dyates@fwbehler.com