Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

REFURBISHED RAD

JERRY_9
JERRY_9 Member Posts: 9
CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT A DECENT REFURBISHED CAST IRON RAD SHOULD LOOK LIKE? SHOULD I SEE RUST ON THE INSIDE OR OUTSIDE. WHAT SHOULD I NOT SEE? WHAT SHOULD THEY USE TO SEAL THE FITTINGS?

Comments

• Joel_18
    Joel_18 Member Posts: 18

Hey Josh,
    A refurbished rad needs to be pressure tested and guaranteed. These two are the most important. Rust on the inside can be expected, especially with a refurbished steam radiator. But, be they steam or hot water, flush the radiator before installing.
    And if it is still rusty on the outside when you were expecting a freshly painted rad, then a better job of refurbishing is needed.
    Radical Radiator
  • Joel_18

Hey Josh,
    A refurbished rad needs to be pressure tested and guaranteed. These two are the most important. Rust on the inside can be expected, especially with a refurbished steam radiator. But, be they steam or hot water, flush the radiator before installing.
    And if it is still rusty on the outside when you were expecting a freshly painted rad, then a better job of refurbishing is needed.
    Radical Radiator
  • Joel_18

Hey Josh,
  • JERRY_9
    JERRY_9 Member Posts: 9
    REFURBED RADS

WHAT SHOULD THEY USE TO SEAL FITTINGS?
    I HAVE HOT WATER

THANKS
This discussion has been closed.