Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Edwards Engineering

I've been bugging the owners to get rid of their old boiler for years now. The DHW storage tank that sits behind the boiler just burst last weekend when they were on vacation and I was able to talk them into a new system.

Munchkin T-80/Vision I/SuperStor 60 gal.

We start today.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=53&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• John Starcher_4
    John Starcher_4 Member Posts: 794
    WOW!

Now there's a blast from the past! I haven't seen an Edwards boiler in years!

Gonna show some "after" pictures, Alan?

Starch
  • Ken_8
    Ken_8 Member Posts: 1,640
    Edwards

I see a lot of them. They are headquartered in Pompton Plains, NJ - about 25 miles from my shop. They are still viable, have some cool stuff and been around a long time.

I'm amazed they had a presence on the "left coast." I always thought they were a somewhat regional enterprise, sort of like Thatcher - Garwood, NJ (about 4 miles from our shop)

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Dale
    Dale Member Posts: 1,317
    Pumps backwards?

Is this the Edwards thats pumps away from the bottom tapping? First one I say I thought the pump was in the wrong way.
  • We have a whole

plat of houses here in RI with Edwards boilers and they usually include the Edwards Zone Valves and Edwards Relays.

Alan if you would I would love to have the controls from the boiler. I will pay for shipping and handling. I would like to put them at my center to show some of the new guys. I am basically looking for the relay and any zone valves that might also be on the unit.
  • Zones Valves

are all Honeywell, but you're welcome to the aquastat relay; I'll radio my guys to save it.

I sometimes run into the old E.E. mercury filled zone valves; they're such a trip; quite the behemoth of zone valves.

This boiler is one of two that I know of in the Bay Area; they're like VW bugs: funny to look at and they just keep plugging along.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Lew
    Lew Member Posts: 21

I grew up about a mile from the Edwards factory and knew plenty of guys who worked there.
    Ken, there are still plenty of those Thatcher warm air furnaces around even after going out of business maybe thirty years ago.
  • Robert O'Connor_7
    Robert O'Connor_7 Member Posts: 688
    Edwards...

I like um! Quite a few around these parts. They always look like there ready to go at any time but like the bunny they keep going. Kinda like a Harley in a weird way, they leak, burp, and have that monthy thing happing but still you can fix them and the thing will work another three years...Robert O'Connor/NJ
  • tim smith_2
    tim smith_2 Member Posts: 184
    Edwards boilers

We have a customer who is getting ready in the next month to remove their old Edwards also. I am glad to see it go, old rust bucket + getting rid of the 20 or so Edwards zone valves they have also.
  • Day 2

Munchkin/Superstor installation.

I'll bet you guys at Heat Transfer Products just love it when we install so much of your product. I'm happy to buy your equipment; keep up the good work.

• Ken_8
    Ken_8 Member Posts: 1,640
    Oh yeah!

Route 23, Pompton Plains, NJ. Used to go past it every week going to Kinnelon.

• Tim when you

see that old Edwards system come down. Send me a couple of the zone valves for my training center. Let me know if any cost is incurred. Thanks I appreciate it.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Tim, re: zone valves

I will have one of my service techs save the next one or two he replaces if we don't do the boiler change. We probably repair or replace 20 a year or so.
  • Thanks a lot I really appreciate that.

I owe you one.
This discussion has been closed.