Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for examples of Flue Gas Condensation

Options
I am developing a seminar for presentation at ISH in October on the causes and effects of Flue Gas Condensation
in Boilers and Breeching/Chimney Systems. If you have a story or a picture or a burner tube and would like to share your experience please contact me via E-Mail.
Thanks,
Gerry Hazel

Comments

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Here are some examples

Mis applied copper tube boilers, without return water temperature protection. Often with micro zoned short cycling, to boot :)

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    Chimney pics

Here are few pics of a plugged chimney.

Flue gas condensation rotted the clay liner and the liner collapsed.

All of the combustion products were venting into the basement and rising into the living space.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • D lux_2
    D lux_2 Member Posts: 230
    Options
    flue condensation

bacharach has some on there site
  • tim smith_2
    tim smith_2 Member Posts: 184
    Options
    boiler corrosion

Those pics look like they are pool heaters, am I correct? Teledyne and Raypak always tried to rely on their thermal bypass in the header to control condensation in the heat x.
  • Ken D.
    Ken D. Member Posts: 836
    Options
    Condensation

I see often where a masonry chimney deteriorates due to condensation. The terra-cotta liner flakes and cracks, the chimney block gets efflorecsense and the morter between blocks gets like mush.Stucco loosens and falls off. Paint peels. Stains appear on the outside surface. I am going to reline a chimney with said problems in a few weeks. I,ll send pictures.
  • rich pickering
    rich pickering Member Posts: 277
    Options

This is a pool boiler.
    Should have shrunk it but it looks better close up.
  • Jim Davis
    Jim Davis Member Posts: 305
    Options
    flue condensation

Are you including water heaters(low water temperatures) in this presentation and that flue liners don't necessarily solve the problem?(Baracharch pictures) I will also be at ISH
This discussion has been closed.