Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

PDA/palms

Options
kevin coppinger_4
kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
what if any do you guys use for orginizing your notes on the job site ?...heatloss measurements,changes, specs,etc.... I have been thinking of using a PDA to keep it all straight instead of a note book....kpc

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=323&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Greg Swob
    Greg Swob Member Posts: 167
    Options
    I just got a Palm Tungsten W

I have to admit, I'm still learning how to turn it on! Lots of capabilities. I haven't quite got organization figured out, but working on it. The Memo section seems to have more space for writing than Note Pad and has a file system, but I'm still playing with it. Mainly we're using them for paperless service tickets. A learning curve, but so far the more I look into the device the more I like it. I have all suppliers and tech support numbers at fingertips, various notes on customers' systems, reminders, to do's, etc. I've heard there are lots of software downloads for enhancing the device, such as A-C subcool, super heat tables and such, but haven't ventured there yet. Greg
  • Firedragon_4
    Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
    Options
    Just went from an old

Handspring Visor that I loved to a new Sony Clie, love it even more, color, ooooooooo!

Once you get the hang of them it's awesome. This latest one uses 'memory sticks' that go from my camera to my laptop, to my PC.............. and back again.
  • David_5
    David_5 Member Posts: 250
    Options
    Palm Zire 3?

I use it for keeping manufactuerers names and numbers. I also have a spreadsheet program in it so I can calculate required water flow for boiler, convert C to F, figure fan HP if changing rpm, convert gallons to lbs, pipe volume, and oil burner nozzle size by pressure. If I find component instructions that are helpful I type them into it. Also refigerant p/t charts in Mobile Database. When I'm on a job and recording information to order parts in memo I title it with customer name then date and time. Makes looking up info later easy. When I am oncall all incoming messages get entered into notes because it is quicker. Again customer name is the note title. I also use Avantgo to keep the weather and news handy. Used to play Bejeweled on it but my wife got such high scores I'll never catch up. I think these things are great.

David
This discussion has been closed.