Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HydroTherm Boiler

JM_2
JM_2 Member Posts: 108
A locoal supply house sells these are they any good?

JM

Comments

• Wild Bill
    Wild Bill Member Posts: 112
    Hydrotherm Boilers

Hi, I will give you the low-down on Hydrotherm from the perspective of an Ex Mestek employee (the parent Co. of Hydrotherm). The oil steam boiler is a clone of the Smith Series 8 (argueably the best oil steamer on the market)The castings are deep for an excellent steam chest in the boiler. I have one in my own ancient house and it works like a charm. The gas product is also common to the Smith line, but I think it is a bit weaker. The iron just does not seem to be as substantial. They seem to have issues with burner tubes failing prematurely...I would stay away. I hope all this helps.
  • Boilerpro_3
    Boilerpro_3 Member Posts: 1,231
    Yep, burner tube failures

Seems to be a problem with all of thier atmospheric boilers. I had some fail in only 3 years time. Another reputable contractor at this site saw a couple hundred boilers with this problem in a housing complex. Also the combustion chamber insulation is only pressed in and begins to come loose after on a few years. The company refuses to acknowledge the problem and won't pay for the expensive stainless steel burner replacements they now use. For me that was my final farewell for Hydrotherm and any Meztek product. Its just too bad.

The steamer makes nice steam, but there are plenty of good steamer out there if you are looking for atmospheric gas.

Boilerpro
This discussion has been closed.