Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Polaris

Options
hr
hr Member Posts: 6,106
sounds like you need to call the manufacture regarding the reps inability, or willingness to resolve the problem. That's a pretty lame excuse, wouldn't you agree.

And it's not the fault of the equipment. A god rep or dealer would remove a burner from another stock model, in my opinion, to get you back running.

Did you dial in the burner with a combustion analyzer. I've never heard of this problem. Maybe it's a new model or something?

Good luck, report back.

hot rod

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=144&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Alan(CaliforniaRadiant)Forbes
    Options
    Polaris

After talking the homeowners into a new Polaris and after 3 months of operation, the burner has failed and no one out west here stocks the little devils.

The technician that the local rep. sent out says that when the burner gets here, he doesn't want to work on it because it hurts his back bacause he has to stoop down so low to get at the dad burn thing.

I have tried to embrace the Polaris concept, but it keeps on pushing me away.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Options
    More information

I'm getting more details now. Rep. says that the burner is clogged and the pressure switch won't close. Could be an animal or insect that got into the make-up air and clogged the burner; could even be plastic shavings from the inlet-outlet pipe.

I'm going out this week to check and will report back.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    I learned the hard way

to put Polars's up on a stand or some blocks. It is a drag to work on that bottom component product while lying down.

Bill Clinton claims to be able to change those ignitors with his eyes closed, kneeling in front of them :)

You may be right about the plugged burner. Seen it happen on Voyagers when bugs get sucked into the burner holes.

Keep in mind those inducer fan, sealed combustion products are sucking in the intake pipe about as fast as they are blowing out the exhaust. Any insect within a couple inches of the intake terminal gets the ride of their life!

Concentric vent terminals seem to be the worse with the coarse screen. Although even the 1/4" mesh screen allows plenty of insects in.

hot rod

• Josh M.
    Josh M. Member Posts: 360
    Options

The ignitor goes out on them every couple of months. When I did residential I used to carry a couple in my van all of the time.
    Options
    Bugs in the Burner

Right again, hot rod.

I've done plenty of igniters, ECO's, stat boards and ignition control modeules on Polaris heaters and hopefully, this will be my last burner.

Prostrate on my stomach and back to get at the bloody things; that last bolt (can't even see it) was tough. And the sheet metal opening at the bottom of the Polaris is not hemmed; my arms and hands are all cut up. Ahhhh, the pleasures of repair work.

Those are all Mayflys in there. I've got to go back and put hardware cloth on the inlet before it happens again.

I washed it out at the kitchen sink with a stiff spray from one of those pull-out spray faucets, dried it off well, reinstalled it and the owners had hot water again.

This discussion has been closed.