Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam Towel Rack

Options
gehring
gehring Member Posts: 65
Does anyone know where I can find a steam heated towel rack?? I am remodeling a bathroom that already has a steam line to it and would like to add a steam-heated towel warmer. If there are none available then I would consider making my own, but would need a diagram or some suggestions.(e.g. 1" black iron then have it chrome plated?) FYI I have a one-pipe gravity system. Thanks.

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,525
    Options
    Go to:

www.steamradiators.com
    Retired and loving it.
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Options
  • Dale
    Dale Member Posts: 1,317
    Options
    Clearance

Steam pipes have a clearance to combustibles, usually 1". I guess it might be legal if your towels weren't combustible or if a orifice was installed to reduce heat and the component was ul or other wise listed. I can guess why no one sells them.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,525
    Options
    Take a look in the Library

under Steam Heating. The first item. Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Frank M. Tricarico
    Frank M. Tricarico Member Posts: 25
    Options

Look on the WEB under heated towel warmers. Most are electric but a few had hot water. Maybe if you search enough sites you can find "steam heated".
  • Christian Egli
    Christian Egli Member Posts: 277
    Options
    plate warmer

What about those lovely old radiators that had a compartment with doors on it so that you had a plate warmer or better yet, a place to warm up your pyjama.

My guess is that you could fit some towels in there and that the antique look could be quite nice.
This discussion has been closed.