Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Value added Boilers

How many have used bolth that can make an educated comparison? Apples & apples or not?

*To catch up with me real time, try AIM. User name: Radiantfloors

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=296&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Low E. Wall mounted Boilers

The Vie$$mann Vitodens 8-32 VS. Monitor MZ 25 C

*Why should the price differential be so vast between these two fine machines?

I know that we don't talk prices here on The Wall however, I would like some feedback comparisons between the MZ & Vitodens.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Ted_5
    Ted_5 Member Posts: 272
    Vitodens is

awsome!!! One huge diffrence is the heat xchanger. V's is made of 316Ti stainless steel.

Ted
  • Steve Eayrs
    Steve Eayrs Member Posts: 424

The vitodens is definitely a prefered machine. You can't compare the two price wise, without adding a whole lot of controls to the Monitor, that you already have in the Vitodens, and after you do that, prices are about the same.

I have found the Vitodens tech support the best anywhere, and have experienced very poor response time on questions to Monitor.
    Also monitor will sell to anyone, and my experience has been that I don't get any better deal than the HO. And then we are are expected to sell them for enough to still do warranty work.
    I am sure monitor has a good product, but not to be compared to Veissmann products.

Steve
  • Vie$$mann

*I know the Vitoden$ is the prefered unit. However the unit is just $1,000 too much for the H.O's budget. That budget cannot be widened no matter how much we try.

*What would be your 2nd choice knowing full well that ANY other competitor will be well below the cost of the Vitoden$.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Steve Eayrs
    Steve Eayrs Member Posts: 424

We do mostly oil, but have installed a number of Vitodens and have seriously considered Monitor a few times.
    My point is that by the time you get any decent controls the Vitodens isn't that much more.
    The rest of our work is mainly oil, Buderus, EK, Veissmann, most of which is not any lower in price once you consider the stack needed, etc.. Occasionally something lower budget, like a GV-4 w/ manual 3-way for radiant floors,etc.

Steve
This discussion has been closed.