Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Trinity Boilers

heatboy
heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
Could you e-mail those pictures to me? Great info!

hb

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=103&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>
heatboy

The Radiant Whisperer

"The laws of physics will outweigh the laws of ecomomics every time."

Comments

• Einsiedler
    Einsiedler Member Posts: 61
    aluminum HE?

somewhereI heard the NTI Trinity uses aluminum in its contruction (HE, condenser).

Does anyone know if this is true? I am now reading that the Trinity is all Stainless..

hmmm.

Terry
  • Brian
    Brian Member Posts: 285
    Trinity

The Trinity has always been stainless.The HX is made by the same company that makes the Vitoden's HX.Weil-McLain's wall-hung is the one with the aluminum HX

Good Luck
    Brian
  • KURT BEAUVAIS
    KURT BEAUVAIS Member Posts: 4

A TRINITY HEAT EXCHANGER IS NOTHING LIKE A VITODEN HEAT EXCHANGER. CHECK OUT VIESMANN LITERATURE , THE VITODEN HEAT EXCHANGER IS ALWAYS PICTURED, INCLUDING CUTAWAYS . I HAVE SEEN CUTAWAYS OF TRINITY AND MUNCHKIN HX,S TAKE A LOOK YOU WILL BE SURPRISED
  • Steve Miller
    Steve Miller Member Posts: 115
    Trinity vs. Vitoden

I'm pretty sure its the same heat exchanger in the T150 and T200 and the Vitoden 200. I've only installed one Vitoden and several T200's and they seemed to be alike. At least that's what the guy from NY Thermal told me and I trusted him.

What ever happened to that guy from the utility Dept. that said they had to tear out a bunch of 'em (Trinity T150 and 200's) cause they were bad? I wanted to know the specific problem because I've had great luck with them so far. Did I miss his follow up post?

Steve M
  • Ted_5
    Ted_5 Member Posts: 272

• Henry_9
    Henry_9 Member Posts: 57
    The Vitodens heat exchanger

is manufactured by Viessmann and it is nothing like the Gianonni heat exchanger that is used by Trinity or Munchkin. Gianonni of France produces this heat exchanger for many companies, Viessmann is not one of them. The Vitodens heat exchanger can be seen on the Viessmann web site at www.viessmann.com.

Furthermore, there are significant differences in the parmeters of operation between the Vitodens and the Trinity / Munchkin, et al. Most of it has to do with gap length, gap precision, need for combustion chamber refractory in the Gianonni, operation of the Matrix burner and the Comfortrol programming unit.

There are other differences, but suffice to say, a visual examination will prove the point.
    Good luck in your decision.
    Henry
    Viessmann Midwest
  • Michael B
    Michael B Member Posts: 179
    oh my

stars and garters! I guess they are both stainless steel. As they say on dragnet "Just the facts mam".

Michael Bleier
    Able Distributors
    www.abledistributors.com
    "The Supplier Who Works With You"
  • ken_6
    ken_6 Member Posts: 33
    howbout weil ulra? pics?

what wrong with weil ultra
  • Steve Miller
    vitoden vs. Trinity

Well by golly, both heat exchangers do look different. I guess time will tell if Trinity's will be a good thing we'd like to be selling our customers. The pic of the Trinity isn't as flattering as the vitoden's slick glossy and clear photo, is this some of Vissmans literture?

Steve
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Web site

Make that www.Viessmann-US.com. click on products, then wall mount condensing boilers, the HX and burner pix are on page 3.
  • Henry_9
    Henry_9 Member Posts: 57
    where do I work??

I probably should know what the web address is. Thanks for clearing that up Steve.

Henry
    Viessmann Midwest
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Or..................

you can check here.

Quite possibly the coolest boiler ever!
    heatboy

The Radiant Whisperer

"The laws of physics will outweigh the laws of ecomomics every time."
  • John_15
    John_15 Member Posts: 1
    Trinity

Has anyone had a cracked heat exchanger or leaks on this unit. I've heard of some problems through the grapevine.
  • Matt Connolly
    Matt Connolly Member Posts: 67
    I heard from a Canadian supplier

that Gaz Metropolitain (the Quebec Utility) had too many failures of the Trinity and no longer offers them for sale or supports them in the field. His name is Rock Groleau at MRG Drouin - # is 418-228-8019. He has the details.
    Matt
  • Brian
    Brian Member Posts: 285
    Trinity

I talked to two of my suppliers plus I've got about a dozen installed myself.They have seen no problems with the heat exchangers.There was a problem with the flue connection where there was some condesate leakage but that was fixed.Like any new product there's going to be some bugs and it seems that the contractor is on the steep side of the learning curve.I was at a one day course on the Trinity about a month ago where they were showing all the new changes. I still believe in the product and have no in recommending them to my customers.You may want to check with Dan Peel because his company has installed a lot of them as well.

Good Luck
    Brian
  • Dan Peel
    Dan Peel Member Posts: 431
    Same story

Like Brian we have installed enough units to get comfortable with the product. The "Trinity" is picky about it's venting, especially on propane, and requires plenty of flow through the HX. As far as performance - they do their job, efficiently. We've had no issues with the exchangers. Dan

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Richard Miller_2
    Richard Miller_2 Member Posts: 139
    what are you...

referring to on the venting issues espec. with propane? details please. (trying to avoid future problems)

Are you saying my current installation with 50 feet of 2" with 13 90's won't work? LOL

I am pushing the very limits... 15' with 4 45's. Would that concern you? I will fire it this afternoon. Gonna try out my newly arrived Honeywell Combustion Analyzer!
  • Dan Peel
    Venting

The "New" spec. for all Trinity propane fired installs is 3" venting. No 2" allowed. Check out their new install manual @ www.nythermal.com . Random nuisance coding on the sentry control or lockouts on the fenwall (ASO, ASC, ER5, 3 flashes) were the common faults on the earlier versions. Learning the product makes the difference. The picture is preassembly in a 35" crawl - Trinity 200. Dan

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Richard Miller_2
    OK....

I bought this one a few months ago and it doesn't have the new specs. Think I would get some benefit if I changed part of the flue to 3" or is multiple sizes a no-no? I can't access all of it but I can part of it.
  • Dan Peel
    Nope

My understanding is all or nothing on vent sizing.
    You may have no problem at all or may have to dial in the air switch sensitivity. Time will tell.... Dan

• Richard Miller_2
    that is

what I understood. was just curious what your thoughts were.
  • Steve Miller

This discussion has been closed.