Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pnuematic stapler

Wayco Wayne
Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
of a pneumatic stapler from wirsbo for fastening tubing to wood. Anyone have one and is it worth the $$$$$. WW

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=255&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Brian
    Brian Member Posts: 285
    Stapler

Absolutly Wayne.It more than doubled the amount of pipe that I was able to lay in a day.I've had mine for about 3 years and have had no problem with it.

Good Luck
    Brian
  • Troy_3
    Troy_3 Member Posts: 479
    Wirsbo stapler

I own two of them. Can't imagine installing tube without them. I've had them for 7 years. They have been repaired numerous times. I recently purchased another manufacturers stapler and my techs hate it. They are begging for the Wirsbo staplers back. I'm not saying they breakdown easy. The guns have installed a couple million feet on tube. I think they are just tired.
  • Steve Eayrs
    Steve Eayrs Member Posts: 424
    Have used Senco..........

1" crown roofing guns for years, w/ a simple aluminum plate adapter to span the tubing. Believe I bought my first adapter in 1988, from radiant roll, or was that Heatway? Anyway made a couple more since them. Also ahve a wirsbo stapler, but the guys don't like it as well. I think its mainly that they are used to lower air pressure on the senco, and if they forget to turn it up the wirsbo stapler jams us more.
    Wouldn't ever imagine doing a floor with a gun.
    Steve
  • Paul_6
    Paul_6 Member Posts: 88
    Senco stapler

Can you still buy the nose piece to convert a senco stapler? I like the senco but ours is really beat. the nose piece loosens up and if you don't notice it's real easy to shoot the tube. I would buy a new stapler if i could get a nose piece. thanks Paul
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,120
    Senco PW

I have been very happy with the Senco. You might try Watts Radiant for the nosepiece adapter. It is a very easy to build piece. Get a chunck of 1/4" thick aluminum, hacksaw, file, and a drill and whittle your own!

Loctite those bolts that hold the piece on. Got a Senco dealer around? Pick used PWs up for around a hundred and a half rebuilt. The dealer could do the driver and nosepiece mods for you.

I also machined an adapter to install a long handle built from electrical condiut for stand up stapling.

Oh yeah, ignore the wire on the bump safety :)

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Paul_6
    Paul_6 Member Posts: 88
    i suggest 1 more modification

for yours. I have a pneumatic fitting on mine that swivels 360° and left and right. The blue pneumatic tubing is a light weight, really tough tube that is a lot lighter to work with.
  • Wayco Wayne
    Hot Rod

Thanks for the pictures. I just got a Senco PW on Ebay for 90 bucks.(My inner Scotsman is very happy). Is the second picture the nose piece your'e talking about? I'll call Watts Heatway on Monday and see if they still sell them. I will also see if there's a Senco dealer around that can help me. Anyone got an 800 number for Watts Heatway??

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • John_21
    John_21 Member Posts: 34
    HEATWAY

Have used Senco for about 2o years very good unit. Phone #800-255-1996 John
  • John Abbott
    John Abbott Member Posts: 356
    Stapler

I have two Wirsbo staplers and they are worth their weight in gold.

John
  • hot_rod
    The swivel!

is a nice addition. I have a short "whip" section of E- 2 on mine but is still balls up the air hose. The swivel is a nice simple solution, thanks.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • hot_rod
    The nosepiece conversion piece

still appears in the Watts Radiant catalog as a # 668522 for 1/2" Onix, # 668521 for 3/8 Onix, or P668522 for 1/2 pex .

Also the extension handle, highly recommended for staple down #668515. Your dealer or rep should be able to get one in your hands.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • Wayco Wayne
    Holy Cow HR!!

Way above and beyond the call of duty. Many thanks for the info.:) WW

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • hot_rod
    With any air tool

it's very important to keep them well lubed. Lots of moisture in compressed air. Tends to rust and corrode the guns if they aren't maintained well. Especially with intermitent use. If they are put away wet they rust, corrode, and tear up the O rings. Then they lose there power and hang up.

Also, stay away from generic staples. I use only Senco. The cheap eze tend to jam the guns often.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • Richard Miller_2
    Richard Miller_2 Member Posts: 139
    HR

ever use the Peter Mangone clips? I have their new air gun. Works like a palm nailer. no trigger
  • hot_rod
    Have you heard

that pneumatic version? When one of those run at a trade show booth the whole place turns to see who's shooting. May want to shout "fire in the hole" before you pull the trigger on it :)

Taliban stapling. I think they work more like an air chisel where they hammer a bunch of times per staple.

What's the cost per shot? Maybe for small jobs or light useage..

Seems it would be hard to beat the current wide crown wire staples for price and availability. Many brands of staple guns are out there, new and used, for reasonable prices.

Kidding aside, and in all fairness, I haven't had one to test drive.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • Richard Miller_2
    Richard Miller_2 Member Posts: 139
    I have it!

Works great. Gets lots of strange comments from the other trades though! I use it with 3/8" Kitec. I will post my experiences in a new thread soon.
This discussion has been closed.