Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

letter of support to servicemen

greg_7
greg_7 Member Posts: 71
I don't hate Shrub. I just think that thre are other problems worse that Hussein and his Baathist thugs. Like North Korea. And I suspect the oil may be a bigger piece of this than revulsion over our former ally Saddam.

You are welcome to your opinions and politics, but I think its more complex than simple patriotism.

I support the troops. I'm a dues paying member of the Sons of the American Legion. And as I noted above my brother in law is overseas now.

It bothers me to see our troops being killed in Iraq to get rid of "weapons of mass destruction" or was it "regime change" or was it "to protect the oil resources of the Iraqi people..." It's suspect to me.

And it's shocking how unprepared the Pentagon now seems. They didn't wargame for guerilla tactics and skirmishers?

Comments

• I thought I'd pass this on...

If you are so inclined, visit the Department of Defense web page below and sign a brief message thanking the men and women of the U.S. military services for defending our freedom. The compiled list of names will be sent out to our soldiers at the end of the month.

So far, there are only about 2,505,787 people have signed to date. What a shame. There should be hundreds of millions of thank yous.

Pass the word that we can honor and support the defenders of freedom during National Military Appreciation Month

http://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html

Donna Klein
    DKNY Enterprises
    1650 Broadway Suite 707
    New York, NY 10019
    212-977-4366
    212-582-5105 (fax)
    donna@alexandermktg.com
    dknyenterprises@yahoo.com

• BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Just signed it

Total is now 7,397,866 Let's add all the Wallies!
  • Jackchips
    Jackchips Member Posts: 344
    Adding up fast,

7,398,644 and counting.
  • Floyd
    Floyd Member Posts: 429
    Okay,

They got MY support!!!!
  • MURPH'
    MURPH' Member Posts: 88
    7,433,621 so far

• Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928

Regardless of your take on the operation it is senseless to not support those ordered to take the action!

Pray that it goes well, rapidly and with as few casualties as possible--on BOTH sides as we MUST remember that we are NOT fighting the Iraqi people but their despotic leadership.
  • Jeff Lawrence
    Jeff Lawrence Member Posts: 6

And I just signed it.

I heard a rumor that a local sociology proffessor was going to give his students extra credit if he saw them at an anti-war rally. Sick, ain't it?

God Bless Our troops.
  • KevMcG
    KevMcG Member Posts: 30

• KevMcG
    Semper Fi

• Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909

SHOCK AND AWE!

GOD BLESS AND PROTECT OUR TROOPS!!!

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Brian (Tankless) Wood
    Brian (Tankless) Wood Member Posts: 222
    Hi Kevin

I may be wrong, but I think the "Thug of Bagdad's" regime qualifies as worse than Fascism.

Peace, brother.

BTW, I was # 7,534,457 to sign the letter.

Swampster.
  • Cosmo
    Cosmo Member Posts: 159

> If you are so inclined, visit the Department of

> Defense web page below and sign a brief message

> thanking the men and women of the U.S. military

> services for defending our freedom. The compiled

> list of names will be sent out to our soldiers at

> the end of the month.

>

> So far, there are

> only about 2,505,787 people have signed to date.

> What a shame. There should be hundreds of

> millions of thank yous.

>

> Pass the word that we

> can honor and support the defenders of freedom

> during National Military Appreciation Month

> http://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html

> Donna Klein DKNY Enterprises 1650 Broadway

> Suite 707 New York, NY

> 10019 212-977-4366 212-582-5105

> (fax) donna@alexandermktg.com dknyenterprises@ya

> hoo.com

• John Starcher_4
    John Starcher_4 Member Posts: 794
    I signed it a while ago,

God Bless the Troops, and may they come home safe!!!!

Starch
  • Mark Hunt
    See if you can find them in here!

These are some of the "Anti-War" "Americans" that were at the protest in San Francisco.

I doubt anyone saw this reported in the media.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Glenn Harrison
    Glenn Harrison Member Posts: 405

and rising quickly, judging by how busy the site is.

Thanks for the link, Noel. Signing this is the least I can do.

By the way, don't forget to take a moment and "thank" those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our country, and freedom. I know I have as this has hit home as there are two fatalities from Glenview and St. Anne Illinois, both not that far away from me. Go Bless them and I thank them for their sacrifice.

• KevMcG
    O¿-- (wink)

• greg_7
    I hate to say this, but...

This whole war thing disgusts me. Sure Saddam sucks, but I'm not sure our boys should be dying over there. And I didn't vote for Bush.

I support the troops. But not Bush. Bring 'em home.
  • Mark Hunt
    So you would

rather they die here?

How can you support the troops but not their mission? That is double speak. "I support you folks, but I think what you are doing is wrong."

And Bush did not start this sir, Saddam Hussein did. The UN complicated it with the help of a few of our "allies".

Mark H

• Tom Meyer
    Tom Meyer Member Posts: 300
    \"Let's Roll\"

How soon we forget those famous words of an American who gave his life to defend other Americans during 9/11.

I have a daughter in Europe, a son with an F-16 squadron, and many friends I flew with during Desert Storm continuing our "Homeland Defense."

Should we wait until Saddam proves to the nay-sayers he has weapons of mass destruction by using terrorists to deliver them to our country? How many more innocents, American and others, need to die before we as a country agree "Let's Roll!"?

Senior Designer/Trainer
    Precision Hydronics Corporation
    www.precisionhydronics.com
  • Bryan_5
    Bryan_5 Member Posts: 270

Thanks Noel for bringing this to our attention
    BTW I am 7,849,857
  • Bryan_5
    Bryan_5 Member Posts: 270

And have forwarded the link to everyone in my address book I hope you all will do the same.
  • Let's Roll

Join the army.
    Meet interesting people.
    Kill them.
  • Listen up

As long as war is regarded as wicked, it will always have its fascination.

When it is looked upon as vulgar, it will cease to be popular.
  • Real Victories

The real and lasting victories are those of peace, and not of war.
  • If you had a name, you might be considered relevant

and since we're quoting authors,

Ok let's just say for a moment you bunch of pampered, overpaid, unrealistic children had your way and the U.S.A. didn't go into Iraq. Let's say that you really get your way and we destroy all our nuclear weapons and stick daisies in our gun barrels and sit around with some white wine and cheese and pat ourselves on the back, so proud of what we've done for world peace. Let's say that we cut the military budget to just enough to keep the National Guard on hand to help out with floods and fires. Let's say that we close down our military bases all over the world and bring the troops home, increase our foreign aid and drop all the trade sanctions against everybody.

I suppose that in your fantasy world this would create a utopian world where everybody would live in peace.

After all, the great monster, the United States of America, the cause of all the world's trouble would have disbanded it's horrible military and certainly all the other countries of the world would follow suit, after all, they only arm themselves to defend their countries from the mean old U.S.A.

Why you bunch of pitiful, hypocritical, idiotic, spoiled mugwumps, get your head out of the sand and smell the Trade Towers burning.

Do you think that a trip to Iraq by Sean Penn did anything but encourage a wanton murderer to think that the people of the US.A. didn't have the nerve or the guts to fight him?

Barbra Streisand's fanatical and hateful rankings about George Bush makes about as much sense as Michael Jackson hanging a baby over a railing.

You people need to get out of Hollywood once in a while and get out into the real world you'd be surprised at the hostility you would find out here.

Stop in at a truck stop and tell an overworked, long-distance truck driver that you don't think Saddam Hussein is doing anything wrong.

Tell a farmer with a couple of sons in the military that you think the United States has no right to defend itself.

Go down to Baxley, Georgia and hold an anti-war rally and see what the folks down there think about you.

You people are some of the most disgusting examples of a waste of protoplasm I've ever had the displeasure to hear about.

Sean Penn, you're a traitor to the United States of America. You gave aid and comfort to the enemy. How many American lives will your little, "fact finding trip" to Iraq cost? You encouraged Saddam to think that we didn't have the stomach for war. You people protect one of the most evil men on the face of this earth and won't lift a finger to save the life of an unborn baby.

Freedom of choice you say? Well I'm going to exercise some freedom of choice of my own. If I see any of your names on a marquee, I'm going to boycott the movie. I will completely stop going to movies if I have to. In most cases it certainly wouldn't be much of a loss.

You scoff at our military who's boots you're not even worthy to shine.

They go to battle and risk their lives so ingrates like you can live in luxury.

The day of reckoning is coming when you will be faced with the undeniable truth that the war against Saddam Hussein is the war on terrorism.

America is in imminent danger. You're either for her or against her.

There is no middle ground. I think we all know where you stand. What do
    you think?

God Bless America.
    Charlie Daniels
  • Mark Hunt
    WOW!!!

One other point, I have yet to see a group of these "protesters" line up to protest the human rights violations perpetrated on a daily basis by Saddam.

Quote all of the "great" authors you want, those words look great on paper.

The country you live in and the freedoms you now enjoy would have been impossible without a war.

Black Americans would still be enslaved if it wasn't for a war.

The official language of France would be German if it wasn't for a war.

There are many more examples of war being the necessary alternative to "peace", but appeasers will never agree.

I suppose the appeasers will balme our President if any of the POW's are mistreated instead of the monster and his henchmen that actually do the deeds. Wonder how that would play out in the public?

Mark H

• David Sutton
    David Sutton Member Posts: 82
    # 8,260,803 signing in

as a former vet im with them all the way!!! Alpha co.2/503rd. 101st airborne ft.cambell ky
  • I have not been in a movie

theater for 35 years. Most of the Hollywood folks over the years have done more harm than good so I just stay away. My boycott started when some of them "Hanoi Jane" for one began protesting Vietnam. Hit them when and where it hurts, problem is we forget real quick. Come with me sometime to the Veterans home and visit our boys who are still trying to get over the rejection. I get a lot of comfort just sitting and holding them in my arms and crying with them. We need to rally strongly for our country, our president, our troops and our nation one nation under God indivisible. Not the time for politics we are at WAR.
  • greg_7

I'm sure glad that this is a heating site, not a political one. At least the "shock and awe" campaign is working somewhere.
  • Mark Hunt
    Greg

Noel posted this link so that folks could show their support for our troops and their mission. That is clearly stated in the post heading.

Did you think that a reply like the one you gave would go unanswered? This wasn't a political post until you made your political views known.

You have expressed your opinion on this subject and a few others have expressed their's.

No need to get mad when others disagree with you.

Have a great day!

God bless our troops!

• PJO
    PJO Member Posts: 140
    8,575,614 and counting...

From a veteran and son of a Vietnam Huey pilot. God Bless America!

While you make speak your mind, please support our efforts in getting a quick finish to this effort with minimal losses. Yes, oil is involved and we should conserve it, but more importantly; that guy has to go!

If the Iraqis use chemical and biological weapons (or God forbid, nukes), then how will all of you folks that dislike this feel? What if you weren't so lucky to live in the USA, and lived in Iraq as a Kurd? What if you where a woman living 300 feet from one of the palaces in a box? Hmmmmm.....

Wow, even France might help us if chemical weapons are used on us...on second thought, no thanks...we saved your a** twice in a row and don't need you now.

Sorry for the rant, but just remember how small the world is folks...and how lucky we are to be here. Someone posted a quote about war not being the ugliest thing, but the people that live in countries that are free because of our forefather's sacrifices and don't appreciate it are worse...my Dad had that on our mantle in our house when I grew up, and everyone should read it.

Thank God and thank a veteran if you love your freedom...God for the obvious one of being born in the right place, and a veteran for keeping it the right place. While you're at it, take a walk through any cemetary and find someone killed in a war and give them a nod...if you really want perspective, go visit Arlington Nat'l Cemetary for a day and then come back here and tell me that we aren't the luckiest people in the world.

Take Care, PJO
  • greg_7
    I'm not mad...

But I'm not the only politician hereabouts. My brother-in-law just got called up, by the way.
  • Mark Hunt
    No

politicians here Greg.

Just a bunch of folks that care about the troops.

And, apparently, a bunch of folks that think Saddam Hussein is an evil dictator that needs to assume room temperature.

For once, try to bury your hatred for GW and think about what Saddam has done to his people. Until you can let go of the hate, you will be consumed by it.

Do you really think our President loves war? God I hope you don't.

Last time Greg, it is not about our President, it is about Saddam Hussein. He chose this path.

Look at the evidence. The truth shall set you free.

Mark H

• Dave_13
    Dave_13 Member Posts: 110

When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of empire building by George Bush.

He answered by saying, "Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return
    is enough to bury those that did not return."

It became very quiet in the room.
  • Tom Meyer
    Tom Meyer Member Posts: 300
    Did anyone info copy that to the French?

or a litany of other countries?

Senior Designer/Trainer
    Precision Hydronics Corporation
    www.precisionhydronics.com
  • Paul Cooke
    Paul Cooke Member Posts: 181
    rrr

rrrr
  • John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    OVER TEN MILLION

Iwas 10,268,269 John@Reliable
  • allamericanpatriot
    allamericanpatriot Member Posts: 1
    Charlie Daniels

Man is he a great singer or what. And what an astute political mind he has. I'm going to start quoting him all the time.

Forget Aristotle and Plato. We've got Charlie!
This discussion has been closed.