Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

SEISCO Tankless Hot Water Heaters

ta finnegan
ta finnegan Member Posts: 121
I also have vastly different experiences with different manufacturer's products from alot of guys on "The Wall".

They are all relevant and important.

Thanks for your input, sorry if you think "too little, too late" but I am not giving up on this one.

I will let you know what I find out.

TA Finnegan

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=251&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• ta finnegan
    SEISCO Tankless hot water heaters

Having been in this business my entire adult life, I started dabbling in tankless hot water technology about 18 years ago after a trip to Germany.

....Long story short....most of the manufacturer's that came here scared me, problems with heat exchangers, temp switches etc., etc., etc....

Put a few of these in and decided to sell rep them. Simple, straightforward, they work well and the company stands behind them.....VERY important to me!

I have used them alot in radiant projects as well as for domestic hot water. First to really design a truly "whole-house" electric unit.

Let me know if any of you want info, I'm setting up wholesalers and doing "in-house" training on the stuff.

T.A. Finnegan

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,019
    Opposite experience!

I install a Seisco about a year ago on a small radiant job. It has been nothing but problems. Tripping the reset, not ramping up.

I called the manufacture in Texas SEVEN times, left messages with the receptonist, pleaded, politely for a return call. Left messages on several voice mails, I got ZIP from them.

I did finally get an Eastern rep that talked me through the testing, replaced sensors, same problem.

Seems when the pump would shut down the residual heat in the unit would trip the high limit. The final responce was they were unable to run at the highest temperature setting on the dial.

Very disapointed with the product and lack of support.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • ta finnegan
    No excuses.

Nobody can give you an excuse for lack of service, but when I first started working with this stuff, the growth in the companies outstripped their ability to service and help with applications. So disasters ensued. I have experienced much the same until I found these guys. My experience has been very different. But maybe the pieces are in place to prevent what happened to you.

So, here I am to take it on the chin. When I was learning steamfitting from my Grandfather he told me there would always be issues on jobs, but it's how it's resolved that the customer remembers.

I'll go on record here on The Wall, get me some more info and I will see what I can do personally.

T.A. Finnegan

• hot_rod
    Since you asked

On the first no heat call I discovered the element wires had burned off the stab loc connectors at the circuit board. I feel 30 amps is a lot of current through a small light gauge connector like that, however..

The next no heat call the owner opened the unit and discovered the red high limit button had poped, he reset it.

Same on the third call, by this time I had contacted the dealer and asked for assistence. I was given the the 888-296-9293 number to call. The dealer also told me they would be hard to get a hold of and keep trying. GREAT1 Looking forward to this experience :)

I called 7 times over the course of a week, every call was answewred by a nice gal that took a message. Several times I was sent to voice mail for Dan and Mike, I believe, in addition to the message left with the gal. I always left polite messages asking for a return call.

Finally another call to my dealer I got a 302 area code number and got the eastern sales rep, or someone. He was helpful, and faxed about 20 pages of troubleshooting. He also helped me via cell phones at the jobsite.

I bought the auto parts store sensors Borg warner WT127's. Same problem. I removed the unit and would be glad to ship it wherever, since I already have more troubleshooting time invested than the entire job took. And a pissed customer to boot.

Too little, too late. A manufacture that can't get it together to return one of seven calls is worthless, in my opinion. Sorry TA

hot rod

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • hot_rod
    A pic

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • hot_rod
    And thanks for

your concern and wanting to do the right thing. However it's been a month now, and I suspect all my messages have been to the shredder.

Guess they are to busy selling more, more to support the problem ones :)

hot rod

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • ta finnegan
    Here I am.

You say its been a month. Let's not waste any more time. I'll talk to whomever you spoke to.

Tell me what you need, I will personally try to get it for you.

How's that.

I think it is pretty important.

This discussion has been closed.