Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant sojourners (hot rod)

hot_rod
hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
this week, of working with Dan Foley and Steve "black flag" of Foley Mechanical. They volunteered to help me with the control wiring on this RPA research home project, in Memphis. Sharp as a tack they were, even after a 9 hour power drive!

Dan and Steve speak fluent "electroneze" and had little problem converting a gaggle of wires and plethora of connections into a smooth, smoke free, control system :)

Steves moniker "black flag" was reinforced when he worked in a cloud of pest spray while wiring a wasp guarded, attic mounted air handler.

It was a pleasure working along side these funny and fun loving pros! Hope we can do it again someday. It was worth the "six egg" breakfast that Steve needed to get the ball rolling. Thanks guys.

hot rod
Bob "hot rod" Rohr
trainer for Caleffi NA
Living the hydronic dream

Comments

• heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Jealous, I am!

Sounds like a great time! I do get tired of talking to myself in these mechanical rooms. Hey, Dan! I'm only 4 hours from ya';-)

hb

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
    heatboy

The Radiant Whisperer

"The laws of physics will outweigh the laws of ecomomics every time."
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    Memphis

Hot Rod,

The pleasure was all ours. We really enjoyed working with you. Too bad we didn't have time to check out Memphis while we were in town.

We made it home at 3:30am after a 15 hour drive - although we did stop off in Blacksburg (my old college town) for a couple of hours. Needless to say, "Black Flag" never touched the steering wheel of my truck. After checking out your ride, Steve bent my ear the whole trip home about how he would like a new truck like yours. -DF

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • RB_2
    RB_2 Member Posts: 272
    So much brain and skill power....

should never be left alone together!

...whats happening with this project...can you give us an update?

RB
  • Memphis Project

Hot Rod,
    When I went to Wetstock I thought to myself how cool it was to hang out with with all of the heating giants like yourself. Now that I've gotten the chance to work with you I think I would like to see a time where we could get together and do a whole project together. I had a great time and really enjoyed the conversations we had on the job and at dinner. Thanks again for thinking of Dan and I to come down and help out.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    walk

on water, HR ;)

BTW should be getting your check this week.

This discussion has been closed.