Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

letro-hand truck

Options
billygoat22
billygoat22 Member Posts: 124
wow, through a window! Take the tailgate off your pickup when using the thing, though. I borrowed ours to get a woodstove- moved it in by myself, but my tailgate bowed some (more than before) from the weight.

Comments

• Anthony Mobilio_3
    Anthony Mobilio_3 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    letro-handtruck

just got a letro-hand truck like new from a friend. Traded him an older hand held threader. Has anyone ever used one of these. This thing must be 80Lbs.
  • J.C.A.
    J.C.A. Member Posts: 349
    Options
    One thing , for sure....

Always keep something handy as a counterweight when moving it . The thing is harder to move empty than with something on it .(the high battery placement makes it a handful)

Always keep the battery charger around too! If you can find the one that hooks up to the truck battery with an extension cord, that helps too. (we had a charger plug hooked to a 25' cord , and ran it under the truck frame to the bed of a pickup)

The only other advice I can give is to MAKE SURE all the stairways you try to use the truck on , will hold the weight ! Yes, we had to brace almost all the stairways we really needed it on . Once you get the hang of it , it will work with you . The first few times, it seems like more work than it's worth but it will become easier. Good luck! Chris.
  • Al Letellier
    Al Letellier Member Posts: 781
    Options
    hand truck

Are you talking about the orange stair climbing lecto-truck
    If so, it's a great tool, but where did you get one that weighs 80 lbs?? Mine is way heavier than that.....I'm a big guy and with a 4 section boiler on, I can put a half ton on a set of stairs, so ditto on the caution. Keep some 2x4 on board and brace stairs when in doubt.
    Also, the battery is a wheel chair type and can be purchased at any good battery shop...don't go to the maker of the hand truck for them...talk about high margins!!!!
    Practice a lot with it and you can do some amazing things with it. We once took a boiler out through a window with one. That was a real work saver as the boiler wouldn't go out the door!

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • jeff_25
    jeff_25 Member Posts: 110
    Options

go to there web site or call 1800 619 0625 there a great truck we have there best the big tires work great also like any set of stairs any dolly you need to check the stairs
  • Anthony Mobilio_3
    Anthony Mobilio_3 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    Thanks for the info......guys

• Plumr
    Plumr Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Lectro Truck For Sale

I have a aluminium model that has been used very little, it also has the off road wheels. I would sell it for a good price, if you want pictures let me know... $1000.00 paid $3000.I have all the paper work on it and the receipt, I think it is the top dog of trucks, its has everything..
  • Bill Riordan_3
    Bill Riordan_3 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Hand Truck

> I have a aluminium model that has been used very

> little, it also has the off road wheels. I would

> sell it for a good price, if you want pictures

> let me know... $1000.00 paid $3000.I have all the

> paper work on it and the receipt, I think it is

> the top dog of trucks, its has everything..

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Bill Riordan_3
    Bill Riordan_3 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Hand Truck

I am interested, depending on where you are located. Please email me with your address. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.