Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Dust

Options
D lux_2
D lux_2 Member Posts: 230
I have a cust. with dust is his closet . His Dark clothing has white dust . He has a Space Gard Its never dirty changes 1 per yr has had ducts cleaned . Is there a Lab that can tell what the dust is ? He wants A EAC But I dont want to put it in I dont think it is going to help . If the air isn't going through the filter it cant get clean. Thanks for any HELP

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=169&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• D lux_2
    Options
    A long time ago there was a thread on Dust

I have a cust. with dust is his closet . His Dark clothing has white dust . He has a Space Gard Its never dirty changes 1 per yr has had ducts cleaned . Is there a Lab that can tell what the dust is ? He wants A EAC But I dont want to put it in I dont think it is going to help . If the air isn't going through the filter it cant get clean. Thanks for any HELP

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • don_9
    don_9 Member Posts: 395
    Options
    Dust

Are you sure it is dust? White Stuff,filter not getting dirty sounds more like a open return in attic.Is furnace
    in the same room with other appliance where a leaking return can be picking up the byproduct from poor combustion?
    Or you getting white stuff thru out the whole house or just in the closet? I would check the ductwork.
  • D lux_2
    Options
    dust

Furnace in basement W/ duct work no runs in attic one floor plan

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • don_9
    don_9 Member Posts: 395
    Options

Dlux,you may be getting some leftover from duct cleaning.
    I still would check the duct,Is it metal duct or duct board?
    Any humidifider on this system,and are you getting it thru the whole house?don
  • D lux_2
    Options
    dust

Metal duct had dust before duct clean . He had an EAC before changed out for dust prob. I need to see if Attic accsess is in the closet he is having prob. Come to think about it he has a whole house fan he might be blowing it in to house . Thanks for makeing me think ..

This discussion has been closed.