Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I'm so mad at Weil- Mc.!

Options
nick z.
nick z. Member Posts: 157
Installed a CGS boiler,which needed to be converted to propane. The propane dealer wanted to do the gas piping. That was no problem with me they are a very good outfit to work with.He also said he would convert the boiler when they did the piping and start boiler.Anyhow He ordred the conv. kit July 8th. Should of had ot in 2-3 days.They finally got it JULY 23rd! You know what? It was the wrong one!Not his fault or the supplier he ordered it from.I got on the phone on wed. and ordered the proper part no.(as per what W-mc tech told me.)It was ordered to be shipped over night.Well, didn't get it Thurs.,so fri. morning I'm on the phone with Johnstone supply who I ordered it from. They were great on oredering and following up onit for me.I waited until 9;30 for W-mc to call back.Now I couldn't talk to this dept. at W-Mc because I'm not a dealer so they would call th esupply house then the manager would call me back. He told me I should have got it yesterday, He was waiting for W-mc to call back with a tracking #.Now I'm thinking it would have to come today and U.P.S. comes through around 12.Well at 3;15 the supply house calls back to let me know W-mc.didn't ship it overnight as requested, it was coming regular shipping. But he did have a tracking #.Well, I should get it Mon. This house is already for the H.O.to move in but he has no hot Water. I told him he would have this weekend. Now I look like a real goof.
I must again say that Johnstone Supply bent over backwards to help me with this.It took so long to get the part orginally because W-mc.was shut down for a week.On the bright side the home owner fully understood a knew I did all I could do.

Comments

• Jim
    Jim Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Weil-McLain

Nick,

Who did you speak with at weil-mclain...???

What Johnstone do you deal with...???

Weil-McLain always has a two week shut down during the 1st two weeks of July...They have been doing this for a very long time...

Sometime the story needs to be looked into further...!!!!

Jim
  • keith
    keith Member Posts: 224
    Options
    shutdown

Equipment is still being installed during the shut downs. We need support from our manufactorers regardless of their shut down schedule. Our customers expect the contractors to live up to the commitments we make. 3 weeks to get a common part is unreasonable.
  • Bill_14
    Bill_14 Member Posts: 345
    Options
    Follow-up & Expedite

The two most overlooked tasks that most contractors do not perform well is to follow-up & expedite all orders. Stay on top of things to protect yourself.

Bill Russell
  • nick z.
    nick z. Member Posts: 157
    Options

I talked to the operator when i was trying to confirm my order who told me I had to go through my supplier. When I called the Tech phone # they were very helpful.I also think there parts should be avaible 52 weeks a year. The Johnstone supply I deal with is in Easton.
  • Jim
    Jim Member Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm so mad at Weil-Mclain

Sometimes things happen that are out of peoples control...
    Weil-McLain was shut down and they were starting up a new computer system to improve customer service...This is not the normal service that Weil-McLain gives and I think you could all agree...Sometimes we all have to give people the benefit of the doubt...

Thank God it was 80 degree or warmer the last few weeks.!!!

Just some food for thought...

Jim
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Johnstone

Nick,

Try and talk to Tom D'Angelo when you call there. He is the manager and a good guy to deal with.

hb

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.