Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ideas to empty toilet water? - Gregg Jackson

Jeff Skahill
Jeff Skahill Member Posts: 1
Some of our guys use a 2 gal wet vac, others prefer the hand pump Wolverine sells. I prefer the little wet vac its real portable and quick

Comments

• Gregg Jackson
    Gregg Jackson Member Posts: 55
    ideas for pumping out toilet water?

We are starting a job that will require multiple toilet replacements. Does anybody have any good ideas for quickly evacuating the toilet water from the bowl into the tub? Any thoughts on hand pumps, electric pumps, etc?

Thanks
    Gregg
  • how about

a wet vac??
  • Matt
    Matt Member Posts: 6
    I would use

the homeowner's bath towels. But make sure they are the Really good ones, you know, the big, thick, fluffy ones. After you soak up the toilet water, you can just toss them on the bedroom floor.
  • John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    My High Tech Toilet Water Removel System

1. Shut off water to tank
    2. Flush once
    3. Take plunger insert into bowl & push until h20 gone
    4. put sponge into tank(use big one)
    5. wring sponge into bucket 4 to 5 times
    6. m/t bucket anywhere but in toilet to avoid having to repeat step #3
    **** Total time if you follow this is 2min.
    **** Total cost of parts $1.99 if you have a bucket.
    Hope this helps.........Good Day!
  • Dennis Lee
    Dennis Lee Member Posts: 17
    TOILET WATER EVACUATOR

WOLVERINE BRASS MAKES JUST SUCH A TOOL.CALL YOUR LOCAL REP. AND YOU COULD HAVE ONE IN A DAY OR TWO.
  • j_4
    j_4 Member Posts: 59
    2 methods (joke-time)

1)deprive your cat of water for a day or two & leave the bowl cover open

2)lie down next to the toilet, put one end of a garden hose in your mouth...other end in the bowl...pull a suction, but be quick when you transfer the mouth end into the tub
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    hand pump

I use this Silver King for injecting chemicals and inhibitor boosters into hydronic systems. It would drain a toilet trap also. I modified it for hydronic stuff with a hose connection end and insulation for hot boiler water. The ball valve is nice for quick shut off also.

I've heard firecrackers work also for emptying toilets :)

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • chuck shaw
    chuck shaw Member Posts: 584
    bilge pump

I use a hand operated bilge pump, probally available at any boating/marine supply store. of course where I am, we have a boat yard/marina on every corner.

chuck shaw

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • i'm with DLO

i use a wolverine brass suction tool.their part # is 83500 and its about $20.00----i love mine, use it all the time. its really fun to close the bathroom door and see the funny look on people when you come out after they've been listening to this sucking sound emminating from the bathroom. its usually appropriate to burp about then, and smile.
  • Canuck
    Canuck Member Posts: 57

k.i.s.s - use a wet vac!
  • eleft_4
    eleft_4 Member Posts: 509
    K.I.S.S.

not on this site!!!!
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Plumbing sucks...

and so does the 2 gallon electric vacuum that I use. I can completely empty the tank AND the bowl, slick as a whistle in 2 minutes or less. I also use the vac for sucking the crap out of mechancial room floor drains, where the trap hasn't been taken out by some piece of unprotected condensing appliance.

We keep one set up for wet vaccing only on all of our trucks. You never know when you're going to have to solder a ball valve onto a leaking pipe. The water vac makes it possible, dry and simple.

ME

• Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Plumbing sucks...

and so does the 2 gallon electric vacuum that I use. I can completely empty the tank AND the bowl, slick as a whistle in 2 minutes or less. I also use the vac for sucking the crap out of mechancial room floor drains, where the trap hasn't been taken out by some piece of unprotected condensing appliance.

We keep one set up for wet vaccing only on all of our trucks. You never know when you're going to have to solder a ball valve onto a leaking pipe. The water vac makes it possible, dry and simple.

ME

• i like to use my wet vac with

a supply tube ducted taped to it as a ''dentist type suction device'' slid thru a ball valve when the water wont shut off, so i can solder.
This discussion has been closed.