Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Did Sanyo make Burnham Mini Split Cooling Unit?

Options
Hello fellow wet heads!

Does anyone know who made the Burnham Branded Mini Splits cooling units that were sold in the late 80-90's? I am thinking it was Sanyo trying to see if parts are still available, I have model & Serial #.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you Aerodave51.

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    Options
    I've never seen any ductless systems that were tagged Burnham. What refrigerant? What parts are you looking for? Is it worth it at minimum 23 years old?
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,111
    Options
    They were disposalable then and as is now 15 years and to the thrash pile they go unless you have extra money to throw at some thing never meant to last more than 15 years like window shaker . Depending on what is needed it may not be worth it to have repaired unless some very basic other get it replaced w a Mitz ,best tech service and plenty of easily read on line service manuals with all the info they provide if one cannot figure what the issue is they should not be working on them . Another note proper diagnose and repair is never cheap being it usually takes at least 10 years in the field to become half good w proper training and mentors unless a Mensa grad . On a another note if Sanyo leads to no end look at EMI units I believe the manufactured and where possibly rebranded not bad stuff and plenty of it was sold durning there time I think parts may still available at least a few years ago they where another would possibly be Panasonic and other then that who knows
    Peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    Sanyo was absorbed into Panasonic a few years ago.

If cooling only unit, it may be conventional single speed compressor with simple controls outside.

The issue may be the inside head components.