Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

BlueRidge Company radiant heat

Options
myron99
myron99 Member Posts: 1
Any experience/insight as to ordering and installing a radiant heat system from BlueRidge Company (Vashon, WA). Unable to locate reviews as to this supplier. Their equipment looks to be quality stuff and my contacts with them have been good but am hesitant. 

Thoughts?

thank you

Comments

• HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,441
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I have bought stuff from Blue Ridge on Vashon Island and was very satisfied. In fact some of there stuff on closeout was a steal.
    myron99
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,907
    Options
    The only thing I can say, assuming you're referring to the RHT piping panels, is that they are seldom ideal. Nothing is custom sized to your particular needs, what they sell is "one size fits all" type systems. With that said- sometimes they're great, sometimes they're not. Personally I'd rather have something custom fit to my needs built by a knowledgeable professional versus a cookie cutter assembly line product, but maybe that's just my bias talking (I custom build and ship these systems).
    myron99
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    They designed many systems in my service area and had a large amount of premature failures, low performing systems that wouldn't work when it was below 45 degrees
    myron99
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,924
    Options
    Any reason you wouldn't use Uponor Jake? I never heard of them. Mad Dog
    myron99
  • gillisc
    gillisc Member Posts: 6
    Options

I live in Virginia and will be starting a new house on a concrete slab with polished floors. I would like to install a radiant heat system in the slab myself. Any recommendations on a good DIY company that is easy to work with and designs good systems.