Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Paging Hot šŸ”„ Rod...Caleffi question

Options
Mad Dog_2
Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,926
edited March 2023 in THE MAIN WALL
@hot_rod

Ok.Ā  Ready to try a Caleffi Air/DirtMAG
to see how they hold up to my beloved Spirovents.Ā  I need a 3" FlangedĀ  model. Is that the
Ā NA456080AM0* 3"ANSI flange ASME & CRN?

Also, who is going to give me the best price in NYC?Ā  Do you have a go to guy?Ā  Thank you.Ā  Mad šŸ• Dog Matt

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,143
    Options
    The mag function is typically on the dirt sep devices or the combinations Discal DirtMag

NA546080 AM is a

3ā€ air dirt mag. ASME adds a lot to the cost, some are available non stamped, but it depends on your AHJ

Rathe Associates in Farmingdale is the rep, they may know which supplier has product.
    631 822 1200
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Options
    Thanks Hot Rod šŸ”„ I'll call James Rathe tomorrow.Ā  Yep not cheap but high quality.Ā Ā 
    We don't need the ASME stamp.Ā  Mad DogĀ 

• Mad Dog_2
    Options
    I do feel a little guilty šŸ˜• I must admit...Spirovents and I have had a love affair since I installed my first one in theĀ  Mid 90s with R.S. English and Jimmy The Gent Burke doing a boiler a day.Ā  But I have used the Caleffi feeder valves and love the colorful catalogs and Hot Rod šŸ”„ does an outstanding job of representing the company, so I guess šŸ¤” its working on me.Ā  I always prided myself on installing the BEST OF THE BEST equipment and materials and Spirovent is, but I think I'm going to give Caleffi a Shot too.Ā  Don't worry Spirovent, I still love ya..You'll always have a home with me too...You might have your HydronicĀ  "Cousin" moving in to your room.
    Ha haĀ  Mad DogĀ 
  • archibald tuttle
    archibald tuttle Member Posts: 1,085
    Options
    Mad Dog_2 said:

I do feel a little guilty šŸ˜• I must admit...Spirovents and I have had a love affair since I installed my first one in theĀ  Mid 90s

The earliest job I know I put one in was 1992 because I still own it, but I think I had put others in, maybe even in the late 80s. I found out about 'em in the "new hydronic news", the heating help of its day. Back then radiant floor was consider subversive. that spirovent, btw, is on glycol a polybeautiful system and still runs great to this day with no make up water. I used to keep a reservoir of diluted glycol and pump attached but i gave it up for lent. This is an outbuilding and I only run it under my observation so I don't sweat it.

Mad Dog_2
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,143
    Options
    Spiro as I recall came up with the micro bubbler concept.
    Others have improved on the design, larger low velocity chamber, easier to service, more robust media inside, higher flow rates, etc.

as usuals others sent the overseas to have them value engineered and built in low wage countries. Quality varies based on price and country if origin.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Mad Dog_2
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Mad Dog_2 said:

I do feel a little guilty šŸ˜• I must admit...Spirovents and I have had a love affair since I installed my first one in theĀ  Mid 90s with R.S. English and Jimmy The Gent Burke doing a boiler a day.Ā  But I have used the Caleffi feeder valves and love the colorful catalogs and Hot Rod šŸ”„ does an outstanding job of representing the company, so I guess šŸ¤” its working on me.Ā  I always prided myself on installing the BEST OF THE BEST equipment and materials and Spirovent is, but I think I'm going to give Caleffi a Shot too.Ā  Don't worry Spirovent, I still love ya..You'll always have a home with me too...You might have your HydronicĀ  "Cousin" moving in to your room.
    Ha haĀ  Mad DogĀ 

What happened to Jimmy? Fell off the face of the earth
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Options
    "All the leaves ARE brown....and the sky is grey....I went for a walk šŸš¶ā€ā™‚ļø on a winters day..."Ā  okĀ  he ain't in California..Ā  He's Florida Dreaming....Still working PT...you know Jimmy The Gent . Miss him man... Mad Dog
  • Mad Dog_2
    Options
    Put in my order for the Dirt-Mag...can't wait.Ā  About 6 week wait.Ā  Mad Dog