Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

smith series 8 replacement

jr250
jr250 Member Posts: 3
I currently have a Smith series 8 4 section oil fired (130K) HW boiler that I installed in 1996. I recently replaced the burner with a new Beckett a few years ago. I maintain the boiler on a semi yearly basic. This appliance has worked great and still running well but I was considering a replacement before it got to the point of no return. I was considering a new Smith but realized they no longer offer a similar replacement. So my questions is two fold. Keep it in service as long as I can OR find a replacement to the Smith? The installation is kinda tight so my main criteria is finding a replacement unit with similar connection points.

Comments

• EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,294
    The Peerless ECT is a direct replacement of the Smith 8 series boilers.
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
  • jr250
    Thank you EzzyT. Not overly familiar with their boilers but could I expect similar build quality, longevity?
  • EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,294
    Yes, the sections are both made in the same foundry in Boyertown PA.
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
  • jr250
    Thanks again for your input. 
     I'm very new to discussion groups and just starting to realize how powerful these platforms are. Hopefully I can help out someone along the way.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    Like @EzzyT said the Smith and Peerless boilers were both made in the same foundry. When Smith dropped the series 8 Peerless picked it up. That boiler has been around for years and is a pretty good boiler.