Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus with riello

Michael_0
Michael_0 Member Posts: 2
edited February 2023 in Oil Heating
Hello folks, I’ve been in the industry about 10 years now and have always sworn by Buderus with riello. I got a used one from my buddy when I bought my home. I found a riello 40 f5 from another friend. (I’m broke, don’t judge). I have set the burner to Buderus exact specs and could not get 0 smoke without being over on my co ppm. The boiler is a g115/4, the burner is as said before riello 40 f5. I now have it set to 1.5 head setting with a 65 x 60w pump pressure 165. My readings were 91 co ppm, 0 smoke, -.05 br, 12.68 co2, 460 F. I spent hours swapping nozzles and adjusting to no avail. I will add there are no baffles in it. Any thoughts would be appreciated 

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,725
    Have you taken any readings with the .65 x 60A when the pump pressure at 145PSI, turbulator set at 1 and air gate set at 2.5? That is where I have my older Buderus boiler with old Riello burner set.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
    edited February 2023
    Did you hygenically clean, brush and vac the sections? Riellos always burned so clean, but it could've gotten out of whack. Where's the Brilliant @Alan R. Mercurio_3 when you need him? Oh Alan..... Mad Dog
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,139
    No baffles? -.05" in the breach? What about overfire draft? That's critical with your boiler, too much draft could be pulling the flame off of the retention head. You want the overfire draft to be slightly positive. You probably will need the baffles, any chance can put them back in? Does the boiler have enough combustion air available?
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Perhaps it's under fired.
    Draft at the breech is a little high. Do you have an over fire reading?
    Correct insertion depth?
    Burner flange gasket intact and air tube sealed? If it's a retrofit air tube, then seal with high temp silicone.
  • Michael_0
    Michael_0 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2023
    This is the first season of running it. I’m going to break it down and start with my insertion depth again once I get through the day. I will seal everything along the way. I do not have the baffles, they did not come with the boiler when it was given to me. I will also reduce my draft to the -.03 specd. I will also post an over fire.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Order baffles.
    SuperTech
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,762
    What model Buderus ?
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • Mad Dog_2
    Love the whole Buderus Line, But ThecG 115 and 215 were my go to HW/oil boiler with The Logamatic..Mad 🐕 Dog
  • Mad Dog_2
    The Baffles shouldn't be hard to get from Londonderry.  With Noel (RIP) gone, I don't know anyone you could call Directly. But I'm sure they'll help you.   Mad Dog