Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

No heat in 1 zone

beckyfurboter12
beckyfurboter12 Member Posts: 5
edited February 2023 in Oil Heating
Hello! We have been having a long-standing issue with getting our heat consistently pumping to the top floor zone in our house. We have had 4 professionals look at it, say our oil burner is in great health, purge the pipes, get it working, then they leave and it reverts back. There seems to be air that keeps getting into the system and no one has a permanent fix. Most recently, a professional is blaming a leaking coil for the air getting in and causing the issues. He says this will fix it, but it’s $ he says. Could this really be the cause of air in the pipes and subsequently, our inconsistent/lack of heating in 1 zone? I’m skeptical to spend that money if it isn’t a permanent fix once again. 

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,828
    So many reasons for this problem. We will need more information. Can you post a picture of your heating boiler. Take the picture from far enough back to see all the connecting pipes from the floor to the ceiling. Take more than one picture from different sides. We need the see where the pump(s) is (are) located. We need to see how the expansion tank is connected to the system. We need to see how the water feed to the system is connected.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • beckyfurboter12
    beckyfurboter12 Member Posts: 5
    Thank you for responding! I appreciate your help so much! Here are a few pictures. Let me know what you think