Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hardy H4 trouble shooting

Warddog
Warddog Member Posts: 1
I just lit my Hardy wood boiler and found that the damper blower is not coming on. At first it came on, blew but seemed to have a squeak. I'm pretty sure, I replaced the aquastat last year, but I can NOT remember for sure. The water pump pumps but the wood in the boiler just smolders. Where should I start looking for the problem? I suppose this replaced aquastat could be bad after sitting all summer. It has the Honeywell L4006A2023 with a Hardy part number of 2000.08 which are hard to find. Any help in finding the problem would be appreciated as well as a source for a cross reference replacement part should the aquastat be bad?

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    You will need an electrical test meter and know how to use it. If the blower is not coming on you need to check for power at the blower and track down the problem.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,024
    Those blowers lead a hard life, they run hot. Is there even oil cups on the motor to lube it?
    Just take a short cord and power the fan directly, that eliminates one component.
    You can get disposal cords at the hardware or box stores.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • leonz
    leonz Member Posts: 1,096
    edited December 2022
    Unplug it and plug it back in and see if the damper solenoid
    is pulling the air shutter open before you do anything else.

If the damper solenoid Part no. 2001.5 is working and the fan is not spinning
    you need a new combustion blower which is part no. 2002.16

If neither the solenoid or blower are working you need both parts as they
    operate at the same time and have failed.

You have a simple single aquastat that is easy to source locally,
    why did you change it last year????