Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

help with aquastat l8148 e 1265

I'm trying to figure out how i can get 120v to terminal B1 and B2. The old controller on the boiler was a L8148A witch has 120v at terminals B1 B2 witch in my case also powerED the blower. The board i have now L8148E 1265 and it only has 24v at terminals B1 B2. Is there anyway I can make this board work for my boiler and have it also turn on my blower motor like the old board did.

Comments

• Coreyr1877
    Coreyr1877 Member Posts: 18
    I am also willing to pay someone for helping me.
  • pedmec
    pedmec Member Posts: 959
    install an isolation relay. have 24 volt coil switching 120 volt contact.
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,425
    I haven't looked at this, but here is my answer. Use a 24V relay connect to a 120V source to operate the blower.
  • Coreyr1877
    Ok not very good with electrical I'm a plumber. And let's say i do what your telling me to will the blower know when to turn on and off?
  • Coreyr1877
    Blower only needs to be running when the burner is heating. It is necessary to be on for it to activate the pressure switch witch turn on ignition module
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Why not just get the right control?
    steve
    SuperTechAlan (California Radiant) Forbes
  • Coreyr1877
    I bought a L8148A and put it on. only for the relay to work for about 2 days then it blew and wasted 400 dollars. I got this one from a buddy cuz i don't want to waste anymore money on it. I'm scared to put the L8148A on it because i don't know why the went out in the first place on the one I bought
  • HomerJSmith
    We are talking about an Induced Draft Blower? If so, then the 24V relay need to be in the safety circuit which it is. T & TV is the thermostat connections--1K is the relay coil--1K1(normally open) & 1K2 (normally closed) are the relay points--C1 & C2 --is where the circulator (pump) connect--The induced draft motor can connect to C1 & C2 along with the circulator.
    Connecting to B1 & B2 to get 120V to the induced draft blower can't be done, B1 & B2 are part of a low voltage circuit in the L8148 E version.

• HomerJSmith
    edited November 2022
    The L8148A blew out because you shorted the 24Vac transformer leads, I suspect. How??? What kind of thermostat are you using? Could the short be a result of the zone valves mis-wiring? How many zone valves do you got & what make?
  • Coreyr1877
    Thank you for helping me. There are 5 zones valves they are old the ones you can manually keep open. If i hook it up to the c1 c2 terminals won't the blower constantly run like the pump does?
  • Coreyr1877
    Witch board should i use?
  • Coreyr1877

• Coreyr1877
    That's the old one
  • Coreyr1877
    Homerjsmith 6126184650 can you please text or call me
  • HomerJSmith
    edited November 2022
    Coreyr1877, Yes, you are talking about an Induced Draft Blower because I can see the Negative Pressure Switch in you photo. I am guessing that you don't have a electronic ignition (intermittent pilot), but a standing pilot, with the L8148a which was the original aquastat that came with the boiler. I don't know what boiler you have. You have two transformers, one in the L8148a aquastat that turns on the relay to the circulator (C1 & C2) and turns on the induce draft blower (B1 & B2) and one under the aquastat that apparently runs the safety circuit and turns on the gas valve.

Where was the failure in the original aquastat? Why do you say the replacement L8148a aquastat is bad after 2 days? What caused the first aquastat to fail may have caused the replacement aquastat to fail. You have to fix that first. Does the circulator still run and the relay on the aquastat board still click closed? If so then the transformer in the aquastat is ok and the problem is in the safety circuit transformer. Which is it, one or both transformers? You can measure the voltages with a volt meter. Do you have zone valves, if so, what powers those? What make and model?

I would be reluctant to hook-up another aquastat until I knew what caused the previous two to fail. I understand your concern. Without more information, it is difficult to make a proper assessment. Answer my questions. Here's a link to the aquastats:
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.supplyhouse.com/manuals/1350896649620/84126_PROD_FILE.pdf

You can use a 24V coil relay, SPST, to operate the induce draft blower from the B1 & B2 connection on the L8148e if you want. Such as: https://www.supplyhouse.com/Functional-Devices-RIBU1C-Enclosed-Pilot-Relay-10-Amp-SPDT-w-10-30-Vac-DC-120-Vac-Coil
  • Coreyr1877
    Is the intermittent pilot and on the first one it will not click closed the second one will not click closed either
  • Coreyr1877
    The first one I bought and was running just fine and then two days later I'm standing there while I'm in there it just shuts down and won't run no more everything shut down
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Why aren't you calling a qualified tech, to find the problem (short) and replace the aquastat with the proper one?
    steve
  • Coreyr1877
    Because i got to much pride and I'm too hard headed. I want to figure this out on my own or with the help of you fine people.
    STEVEusaPA
  • Coreyr1877
    The safety transformer only read 03v when it should be 24v right?
  • Coreyr1877
    That's the problem you think? And the zone valves are controlled by another transformer on the side of the boiler
  • Coreyr1877
    It reads 24v
  • HomerJSmith
    The safety transformer only read 03v when it should be 24v right?
    Yes, but I want to know where you read it and how you read it.
  • Coreyr1877
    I used multimeter
  • Coreyr1877
    I checked it same way i check the l1 l2 Ave c1 c2 terminals