Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Water to Water - Radiant Heat - Forced Air Cooling Controls

I have a water to water heat pump that I heat and cool my house with. I installed the system originally in 2007 and some of the controls I'm using are outdated and no longer available.
I've been doing commercial/ industrial HVAC/R for the last few decades and am not sure currently what's out there for residential controls. What are you using on these type of installations?
Ideally I'd like to control the main HVAC with one thermostat in the conditioned space. I have other heat only stats throughout our home that do radiant zones controlled by Taco zone valves and controls.
In heating mode I need to control the HP, zone circ pump (signal from Taco control) and Taco zone valves. The AC is a separate air handler with a chilled water coil so I need to control the HP, circ pump, and fan in cooling mode.
I appreciate your thoughts!

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    most all the major brands have thermostats with 2 stage heat, 1 stage cool. If you are just looking for that upgrade. The hydronics should all work through the relay box. You may need an isolation relay to keep the HP transformer from fighting with the relay box one. I'll bet Honeywell and Ecobee have wiring options online.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream