Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

GV90 Will not fire. Tech said new board

BenGV90
BenGV90 Member Posts: 3
I checked the obvious like propane, igniter, loose wires, etc. Called a local contractor and they did some tests and said it was a board. Picked up a new board with the part number they gave me and nothing. Double checked my install on the board with plugging everything in properly and its good. Any ideas? After the install of a board do I need to reset anything or anything like that? 

Comments

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    I had one of these and IIRC, ;there are several pressure hoses and traps that must be clean.

Did you check those......mine is still in the basement and you are welcome to it...if you take the entire thing. Otherwise will part it out if anyone interested.
  • BenGV90
    Thank you for responding. Yes I checked all the hoses, blew them all out. Still nothing. Just clicks on and sounds like circulator pump might be on. Nothing with the burner.
  • pedmec
    pedmec Member Posts: 959
    did the combustion blower motor start turning?
    kcopp
  • BenGV90
    No. 
  • pedmec
    pedmec Member Posts: 959
    put your hand on the motor. if its hot you could have a bad capacitor. if its cold i would unplug the molex connector and test for voltage. internal overload could have tripped
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    Blower must be running and proved on by the pressure switch.

Which GV 90 is this?