Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

AquaSmart says heating, but burner does fire Sometimes

Cube
Cube Member Posts: 3
The aquasmart reads "heating water: & the water temp" when there is a call for heat, but the burner does Not fire

the system (AquaSmart unit) lets the water in the boiler cooler down without the burner firing up. It is receiving a call for heat but does not turn.
The boiler water cools to room temp and it Aquasmart READS "heating water: & the water temp", NO errors, and there are No error lights or any indicator lights lite on the carlin burner.

The carlin oil burner Never locks out, just acts like NO call for heat, Even though the Aquasmart states heating water & I believe the recirculator pump is running

Simply turning the boiler OFF & ON for 30 seconds restores the system to working state for a time - 2 hours to 24 hours. Then this issues starts again, Usually when there is no call for heat for a while. Warmer day/night or no one used hot water for a while.

PLease help!

Comments

• DJD775
    DJD775 Member Posts: 249
    My first though is that there is a problem with your aquastat. If you are comfortable working with electricity and have a multimeter or test light you could check if you have voltage from the aquastat to the burner when there is a call for heat. If there is no voltage you have an aquastat issue otherwise it could be your primary control or potentially another burner issue.
  • Cube
    Will try that. I just replace the grounding connector for the AquaSmart, as one of the purge valves has dripped on it, causing a calcium build up on the ground wire connection. In addition, i noticed the "low Limit" was OFF, was not like that weeks ago, it was set to 150.

Does that AquaSmart retain it's programming during a power outage??
  • DJD775
    DJD775 Member Posts: 249
    It should retain its programming during an outage.
  • Cube
    Solution to this issue!

Although the powervent was not mentioned in the original question - the circuit board on the PowerVent was bad - replacement of the board resolved the issue. Note - multiple technicians tried, one solved it. Had I bought the part on amazon I could have saved a good price - just for the part.