Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need Right end caps, no. 8728, for Homart hot water heating system

Need 2 right end caps, no. 8728, for Homart hot water heating system.
Measurements: 10 5/8" high, 6 1/4" wide, and 2" deep.
Thank you for your help.
Pictures are from the left end caps that I have.

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,725
    edited October 2022
    Homart is a Sears & Roebuck trade name. Homart is not an actual manufacturer. I doubt very much if you will find what you are looking for here. Maybe in an Antique parts for sale website..... Good Luck.... If you have one then use it as a template, go to a local sheetmetal fabrication shop and see if they can make something that might work.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
    spring23
  • spring23
    spring23 Member Posts: 2

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,576
    You might look to see if they are just rebranded baseray.
    spring23
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    edited October 2022
    Those dimensions are close to Burnham BaseRay #9. Try this. They accept returns if it don't fit.
    https://www.supplyhouse.com/Burnham-6074120-Right-Valve-Enclosure-Assembly-for-9A-Baseray-Baseboard-Heater.
    Not the exact measurements of your baseboard radiators. the Homart brand has not been made for a long long time.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
    spring23
  • WMno57
    WMno57 Member Posts: 1,250

I DIY.
  • WMno57
    Can't find anything on Homart, but did find this on Sears Hercules Heating Plants.
    http://searsarchives.com/brands/hercules.htm

I DIY.
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    @WMno57 I wonder if those were the tools used to install those baseboards? Tool Ambulance! ...for those emergency repairs.
  • WMno57
    Modern Plumbing and Heating Equipment catalog advertisement, Hercules air-conditioning unit, 1934.

I DIY.
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    edited October 2022
    That conditions the air with HEAT! and some humidity from that bucket of water in the supply plenum. Air filter used to clean the air in your home so you did not need to sweep the carpets or dust the chandelier (like they do on Downton Abby) each week.

How's that workin for ya misses?
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,576

@WMno57 I wonder if those were the tools used to install those baseboards? Tool Ambulance! ...for those emergency repairs.

they're chrome plated so they're newer than some of my grandfather's tools I have. Many of them are branded dunlop rather than craftsman as well.
    EdTheHeaterMan