Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Time to buy a new combustion analyzer

Im in the market for a new combustion analyzer and want to upgrade from my Barchrach Fryrte. A printer is not really a major concern as I am looking to be able to email and save a PDF copy of the tests.  This will be primarily for residential and light commercial. So far I have narrowed it down to three, but have not had any experience with the brands. Im also looking at cost of ownership in repairs, etc. Any suggestions on the following 

- Wholer A450
- Sauermann CA130
- Seitron Novo 1

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,762
    I use and recommend Testo
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
    SuperTechDerheatmeister
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,139
    edited October 2022
    Testo 300LL was my choice. I can't comment on any of the ones you listed as I haven't even heard of any of them. 

Just wondering, why are you moving on from the Fyrite? I've never heard anything bad about it. 
    Long Beach Ed
  • I started a similar thread a couple of weeks ago as I've been using a Fyrite for the past 10 years and wanted a second unit for backup. Settled on a Testo 300 and it is heads above my Bacharach.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    Long Beach Ed
  • offdutytech
    offdutytech Member Posts: 133
    The Bacharach works don't get me wrong. It's a bit cumbersome to use the QR code to generate a report. I liked what I saw with apps for phone/tablet that seem to better integrate the tool with a report. I was looking at Testo, but from what I was reading those have a higher repair cost over the life cycle. Honestly Testo was one of the first ones I looked, but the higher cost of repair some guys were just buying a new one after a few years rather than repair it.
    Might revisit it again.
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,139
    Look into the 300LL.  It has a 5 year warranty on the sensors. That was the main reason why I went with that model over another Testo 320.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Check out TPI DC710
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    STEVEusaPA
  • Preiss
    Preiss Member Posts: 17
    I am happy with my Testo 320. Other techs I’ve talked to find favor with the Testo 327. They are easy to use and reliable. I believe the 327 has the wireless/pdf functionality you’re looking for.
  • Steve_Wheels
    Steve_Wheels Member Posts: 28
    I love my Seitron 1500 (formerly E-Instruments)! I've been dealing with Seitron analyzers for a little over 20 years both as a wholesaler and a contractor. Best Support and fastest service turn around in the industry... Plus Jason Esteves is "The Man" when it comes to training analyzers and what they are doing & testing. The Seitron Novo-1 will be my next choice if I ever upgrade. They are located in Langhorn PA, and for those of us in PA/NJ/MD have super easy access off the PA Turnpike.
    GGross
  • Steve_Wheels
    Steve_Wheels Member Posts: 28
    Side note, I agree with Robert O'Brien, I carry a TPI DC710 as a backup and love this unit to... for substantially lower cost. Recently Seitron has come out with a lower cost unit to compete but the DC710 has never let me down either.
  • offdutytech
    Thanks for the feedback on Seitron. The Novo 1 looks slick. 
    Steve_Wheels
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    edited October 2022
    A rare 'Wheels" sighting.
    I like my Insight Plus. You can shoot the QR code if you're using Measure Quick. I also made a little add on to my database where I can shoot the QR code and put the results right into the customers info in the DB.
    steve
  • MaxMercy
    MaxMercy Member Posts: 507
    edited October 2022

Today, TESTO. However...

Best analyzer ever created: A7001 Honeywell.

Saracasm? (serious question, never heard of it).
  • Nate0846
    Nate0846 Member Posts: 7
    I’m a fan of Sauermann. I bought one and it was pricy but it paid for itself the first season. They also have an awesome suport team. Some of the main sensors are field replaceable on the one I have. Sturdy unit and so far going strong 4 years in.
  • offdutytech
    @Nate0846 have you found the repair/ calibration to be costly vs other manufactures ?
  • captainco
    captainco Member Posts: 792
    The Honeywell A7001 took 20 minutes to warm up and didn't measure CO. Waste of money. I demoed it and if the customer wanted it I told them to buy somewhere else because I didn't want to deal with all the complaints.
    PC7060